Twenty four

~Nini Salazar-Roberts~

"Okay guys, this is our last run through! We will be going through the whole play so no mess ups o-" Carlos cut himself off realizing he's being demanding again. "Just try not to forget your lines- oh Miss Jenn is here!"

Miss Jenn walked in with a confused face. "Am I late, we didn't change rehearsal ti-" "Don't worry Miss Jenn, we just all came early and fixed up some things." Ashlyn smiled. Miss Jenn looked around at all the finished costumes and props.

"This is our last run through of the whole show before opening night tonight!" Gina said. Miss Jenn smiled at Nini and Ricky who were just glancing at each other from across the room. "Were back in the game!" She said.

"Okay, Act 1 Gabriella and Troy get picked for karaoke and sing 'Start of something new'!" Everyone sits back and watches the show unfold.

When scene 16 came, it was only Gina and Nini on the stage. The room was dead silence minus the background chatter for the scene. "I told you it just happened, but I liked it a lot," Nini paused for a second.

"Did you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you, just looking for a way to come out?" Gina pretended to think for a moment. "Not really, no..." The two made eye contact and laughed.

"Then the bell rings, the two exit and scene 17..." Miss Jenn muttered. They finish the run through of the show and Miss Jenn wipes her fake tears of joy.

"That was perfect, minus some of the lighting and prop mistakes, it was perfect!" Miss Jenn clapped. "Thank god, I need some lemonade and a bagel with blueberry creme cheese." Carlos said, grabbing his bag.

"Well go on and head to your next class, don't be late!" Everyone scurried out of the class, rushing to get to class. "Yo Nini, wait up!" Ricky made his way over to Nini, who was speaking to Ej.

"Well see you later.." Ej waved while Ricky tried not to glare at him. "Stop it, he was just asking about a question about Ashlyn and blah blah blah." Nini shrugged, "Well are you nervous for tonight?"

Nini nodded aggressively. "I mean what if I don't remember my lines and I freeze on stage, I could forget the choreography and again freeze on stage, I could fall or trip an-" "Nins don't be so nervous, if you get to nervous you might bail out of the show."

"Oh my gosh, that could happen!" She frowned and Ricky rolled his eyes playfully. "You've been preparing for this moment for I don't even know how long, you'll be fine!" "You don't seem so nervous yourself, eh?"

"Trust me, i'm so nervous it's concerning.." Nini laughed. "See you tonight?" He nodded before giving her a soft smile and walking away.

⚡️