Thirteen

~Ricky Bowen~

~Ricky Bowen~

"So what are you guys playing?" Carlos asked. "Truth or Dare, come join us!" Gina said sitting back down in the circle.

Ricky looked at Nini in confusion but she was just looking at the floor. The group sat down in a circle and began the game. "Kourtney, truth or dare?" Gina asked. "Well I don't trust you enough for a dare so, truth." Kourtney told her.

"Who do you hate, and why?" Kourtney laughed, "Do you really want me to answer that?" Gina rolled her eyes playfully thinking she was joking. "Well the second person I hate the most is santa." Sebby gasped.

"He sees when your sleeping, he knows when your awake, he knows if you've been bad or good, that just ain't it!" Kourtney said and Sebby frowned. "Ej, truth or dare?" Carlos asked while grinning.

"Dare, I guess?" Ej said. "I dare you to leave..." Ricky whispered but only Red could hear it since they sat next to each other. "I dare you to- dang it I only have a truth- wait- I dare you to choose truth!" "Truth?" "What is your ideal type?" Carlos asked.

Ricky noticed Ej look at Nini and could tell he was gonna answer until Gina said she wanted to play a more interesting game. "How about spin the bottle but seven minutes in heaven version?" The group nodded and Ricky was thankful that there was no more truth or dare. 

"You and Ashlyn need to trade spots." Red whispered. Ricky just thought it was so Red and Ashlyn could be next to each other but Ricky noticed Ashlyn was across from Nini. "I'm kinda cold right here, Ricky wanna swap spots?" Ashlyn said. "I can!" Ej said but Ricky and Ashlyn already swapped.

Nini and Ricky's eyes met but Nini quickly looked away. The group started to argue about who was first not even noticing how Nini already spun it. "Guys, shut up!" Red said and everyone looked at the bottle. It had landed on Ej.

Ej wasn't paying attention though and was still arguing with Gina and Carlos so Kourtney placed the bottle so it was facing Ricky and Nini. Nini gave a her a 'thank you' look but also a 'why him?' look. 

"Okay well lovebirds move along into the closet of pure happiness!" Sebby pushed the two in and yelled "I'm starting the timer at seven...or ten." 

The closet was silent. So silent you could hear a paperclip drop. "What are we suppose to do?" Nini asked. Ricky decided not to tell her what you really are suppose to do. "Talk." "Talk, really?" Ricky nodded and Nini laughed, she could tell he was lying. 

"If I kissed you, what would you think?" Ricky was surprised, he didn't know what to say. "I-I don't know..." Nini rolled her eyes. "I know that I'm confusing, I tell you to not be troy, then I tell you to not quit the musical, I tell you not to be flirty with me, then I call you cute, I don't want us to be in here but I ask if I can kiss you!" Ricky just nods.

"I thought it was just a girl thing.." "Nope, it's a Nini thing." They both hear sebby shout "Six minutes left!".

"Why were you playing truth or dare?" Ricky asked as he sat up against the wall. "I don't know, and plus most of the time the group was arguing so I was never asked anything." Nini told him. "You do know that Ej's ideal type is you, he looked at you right when Carlos asked him the question." Ricky said. "It wouldn't matter, there's no way were getting back together..." Ricky was happy that she said that.

"Does that mean I have a chance?" Nini shrugged. "If you wanted us to be together so badly why'd you ask for a break?" Ricky sighed. He didn't realizing they would be having that conversation in a closet. "I guess when you told me you loved me, I-I got scared." Nini was shocked and sat right next to Ricky, nodding for him to continue. 

"When my mom left for Chicago, my dad became more sad and distant-at the time I had no idea why, but I think I do now..." Nini saw a tear shed from Ricky's eye and she felt bad for bringing the subject up.

She then thought of changing the subject. "So Miss Jenn asked us to practice little do you know until we can fully read the song, but she says we can't do it during practice or else we'll waste time so wh-" 

"Nini." Ricky called her name. "Yeah?"

"I love you." 

 —K Speaks!

/And I scoop- sorry I just had ice cream and I thought of that ahaha/