Twenty three

~Ricky Bowen~

~Ricky Bowen~

After everything that happened on the field, they all met up at Red's basement to discuss what just happened. "Someone say something.." Ashlyn said. "What? That Miss Jenn is disappointed in all of us because we can't solve some issues."

"She's right about talking it out though, we were all doing fine at first unti-" Red cut himself off and look towards Ricky and Nini. "I'll be right back..." Nini sighed and got up, jogging up the steps.

"I'll try to talk to her." Ricky got up from his seat and followed Nini, who was outside leaning against a pole on Big red's porch. "I'm gonna try and have a civil conversation with you without one of us getting upset." "You mean, me? without me getting upset." She frowned.

"I understand why your upset though. I called you some things that are kinda messed up." Nini thought for a moment. "Why did you go to Gina? I always questioned that, like..why not go to Big red or your aunt who lives close by.." "Or you?"

Nini stayed quiet. "When Gina kissed you on the cheek is when I got kinda jealous because I thought she liked you, then you go over to her house with a personal problem even though you used to go to me." Ricky frowned at the sight of Nini sad.

"Well one, her house was the closest and I was on a skateboard and my eyes were teary so that could have gone bad, and two, we both know if I went to you, I wouldn't leave until like..August!?" They both laugh. Ricky noticed a small piece left from a water balloon in her hair and leaned in closer. 

"We should apologize to the others and Miss Jenn for starting the whole water balloon fight." Nini said. "Actually, you splashed me with water so really you started it not me..." Nini playfully hit his shoulder.

"They'll be fine, plus they probably think were yelling at each other right now and don't wanna get involved." Ricky noticed her slightly shiver. "I'll walk you home." Ricky said and Nini just nodded, running off.

⚡️

"Okay, well you might have to do some explaining to the group and why we left..." Nini laughed, walking up her porch steps. Ricky just shrugged and waved goodnight, Nini was about to go inside when she paused. "Ricky?" He turned around. "Yeah?" He responded. 

"When's my birthday?" He gave her a confused look before answering. "February 20.." "What's my favorite color?" "Periwinkle but the color yellow makes you happy." She laughed. "Where's one place I would love to go?" "Rome.." 

"What's my real name?" He just looked at her. "Nina. Your real name is Nina..." Nini smiled softly, "I forgive you." She was gonna walk back inside but he stopped her. "Wait, so I make a whole speech about how much I love you and you don't forgive me but you ask me a few easy simple questions and you forgive me?"

"That's the thing.., for you those questions were simple and easy like they should be, but I don't need to forgive y-" "No, no, I'm forgiven." 

She smiles and walks inside her home not noticing the big smile on Ricky's face.

K Speaks!

/Ej is punching the air rn/