Five

~Nini Salazar-Roberts~

"Okay, everyone move!" Carlos shouts, Nini, who was still in shock, turned as everyone had their eyes on Carlos. "In my hands, I hold the paper with the answer to the question you have all been waiting for, also known as who gets what role!". Many are nervous or excited, Nini was one of the nervous ones.

"Hey, Nini right?" It was the girl who could dance, the one who Nini was thinking would get Gabriella. "Uh, yeah, Gina right?" Gina nods and says, "Well, I just wanted to say good luck, you know being an understudy's pretty hard too." Nini looks at her confused, "What do you mean, the roles haven't been announced yet.", "I know but you see, I've never been understudy before, and I'm sure I never will, but good luck!" Gina then walks away before Nini could respond.

"Nini, come on, Carlos is about to put up the list!" Kourtney pulls Nini over to the group of people. As soon as Carlos tapes the paper onto the wall, everyone rushes over. Nini walks up to the list, ready to be disappointed, but she was soon shocked to see the list. She then read to her self.

Gabriella Montez...............Nini Salazar-Roberts.

Troy Bolton..................Ricky Bowen

Taylor McKessie...............Gina Porter

Chad Danforth................Ej Caswell

Ms Darbus....................Ashlyn Caswell

Sharpay Evans...............Seb-

"Nini, you got Gabriella!" Kourtney shouts, and Nini stops reading the list and begins to jump up and down with Kourtney.

"How is this possible?" Nini hears a voice whisper behind her, she realizes it's Gina. "Hey Gina, I'm sorry that you didn't get Gabriella, but Taylor is a great part, I love her character." Nini tells Gina trying to cheer her up, it obviously wasn't working. Gina just smiles at her, a fake smile, and walks back into the auditorium.

"Nini, we shoul-" "Uh..Nini, can we talk?" Nini then mentally screams, knowing who the voice behind her was. "What do I do?" Nini mouths to Kourtney, but Kourtney smirks. "I'm gonna go, you know, my mom is calling me...". Nini's eyes grow wide, and as Kourtney walks away, Nini turns around, facing Ricky.

"Ricky, how and why do you have the role of Troy?" Nini questions, "Oh wow, no congrats." Ricky jokes but Nini was not amused. "Listen, it just happened, it's not my fault." "You could have said no, that would make everything easy!", "Nini, just give me a chance, If I mess up i'll quit the sh-" "No, don't quit the show, i'll feel bad..." Nini whispers but Ricky hears. "Okay, your confusing, do you want me to quit or no?" "I'll give you a chance...just don't mess up this show.", "Why would I?" Ricky questions, "You hate musicals." Nini tells Ricky, "Not that much!" Nini gives Ricky a look causing both of them to laugh.

"Hey..." Ej slides in next to Nini, making both of them stop laughing. "Oh hey, Ricky Bowen, congrats on getting Troy, by the way, when did you audience?" "Oh, I kinda didn't, miss Jenn heard me singing and thought I was good." Ricky began to feel awkward, not knowing what to do. "Can you act though?" Ej questions, slightly jealous, "I guess we'll find out..."

—K Speaks!
/I've been so busy with school, but don't worry your girl will still try to update okok/