***

When I finally sucked myself up and decided to head downstairs before his parents, I headed down the stairs, to find Allen sitting on the massive couch in the living room, looking down at his phone. His head tipped up as he caught sight of me, a smile spreading on his face before he got up from his seat. I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised, I thought that I'd have to get my dad to help me drag you out of your room later so you could at least get to meet them,"

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "I just want to get this over with,"

He shrugged, before walking up to me, and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hands off me," I hissed, my eyes sending daggers his way.

"Please let me hold you close, just this once- otherwise, my mom will freak out because she'll think I'm not nice to you, please," He begged, his eyes surprisingly desperate.

I pursed my lips again, looking straight ahead. "Fine... but I want to see my grandparents, with my parents. We never get to see them, I want to see them,"

"Fine by me- but I don't know why you think that would be something you're getting in return, you know that you only have to tell me that you want to see them, I'll arrange it right away. You can go see them whenever you want," he said in a matter-of-factly tone.

Despite my urge to et pissed about his arrogance, I couldn't help the surprised tone in my voice. "Really?" I asked him, looking up at him, for the first time really realizing how much his 6'2 towered over my 5'6.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Of course. Jeez, how much of a monster do you think I am?"

Before I could come up with an answer, my attention was drawn to the sound of the front door opening, and people walking around in the hallway. Suddenly a woman dressed in a beige knit blouse appeared in the doorway. her hair was wrapped up in a lazy bun, and aside from the grey streaks here and there, her hair color was identical to Alpha Allen. Although, her eyes were a lighter brown than his. She half ran towards as, her arms spreading, seemingly getting ready for a hug. "Oh the perfect Ally-boy I am so happy to see you, and your wonderful-"

She stopped dead in her tracks her eyes narrowing and nose wrinkling in disgust. She powerwalked up to Alpha Allen, ending up face-to-face with him. "LYXANDER ALLEN WILSON PARKER! Get your hands off her right away! Can't you see she looks like she'd rather run for the hills than be next to you? Allen, you complete useless asshole of a jackass, I raised you better than that," she grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me back along with her, before letting me go and taking a few steps back.

A man almost identical to Alpha Allen, except for a few frown- and age lines and greying roots, appeared in the doorway. "Do as your mother says, Lyxander Allen, hands off,"

The woman turned to me once again, smiling warmly. "I am so sorry for my son being a dumbass- he's too much like his father," the man in the doorway looked incredibly offended, like a kid who'd just been told by another kid that their mac n cheese art sucked.

The woman gently took my hands in hers, shaking it softly. Her hands were warm. They reminded me of my dad's. Warm and safe. "My name is Claudia, I'm Allen's mother - not that I'm proud of it right now,"

"I'm Paige, I'm..." I didn't really know how to finish the sentence. Your son's prisoner? Not that great of an impression. Wait, why do I even care?

She broke my trail of thought. "My son's mate- not that much of a privilege I realize, now. But nonetheless, you are just... beautiful, absolutely stunning. Allen mentioned it quite a few times, but he didn't do you any justice- he's been talking about you non-stop for the past few weeks," she smiled at me with a motherly warmth that made me feel like I was home with my own mom.