Chapter 22

Yes, I used sims to illustrate. I don't know any other way, alright? (Tis' is the livingroom, btw)

This chapter is dedicated to @centurylosttomemory because she leaves some of the best comments, and she's got a great sense of humor (I know this because she likes my jokes, so obviously her humor is great)

And also.. don't judge me too harshly if this chapter sucks. There's been a lot of stress in my life lately, and I'm really really doing my best to get you guys the new chapters as soon as possible- I'm doing the best I can with what I have right now, alright? Just... be nice.

***

"Hey, Paige!"  I turned around on my way down the stairs, stopping in my tracks, making two girls walking behind me scrunch their noses and send me angry looks. Ember ran through the doors, her dark hair shining beautifully in the sun. She smiled widely, her bag hanging loosely on her arm.

"I was thinking that perhaps the two of us should do a girls' night? Like, you could sleepover at my place, we'll watch horror movies and eat ourselves diabetic in chips and popcorn," she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, pulling me along as she continued down the stairs.

I pursed my lips for a second, before nodding. "Uh, sure, that sounds great, I'll just have to ask, you know... when were you thinking?"

"Friday, if that's good for you," she pulled her phone out of her pocket, opening her messages. I instantly looked away from the screen- privacy and all that.

I nodded to myself. "Friday should be great- I'll see you tomorrow," I added, as I caught sight of Allen's black car in the pick-up lane. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, giving her a quick squeeze before heading for Allen's car.

"You seem to be in a good mood," Allen added as I got into my seat.

I clicked my seatbelt into its spot, smiling up at him. "Yeah, Embers smile is... contagious. I just got invited to a sleepover on Friday... can I go?" I looked at him through my lashes.

He rolled his eyes. "Paige, Love, I'm not your father, nor your captor- of course you can go, I'll just need to talk to your friend's mate first,"

"Why?"

He smiled a bit ruefully. "First off I'll need their address, then I'll need them to be able to contact me in case of an emergency, I'll need to make sure that they don't take any medication you might have access to, and also I'll need to know when I'll be dropping you off and picking you up,"

I snorted. "You sure you're not my father?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Yes," he scrunched his nose in disgust and then shook his head a little. "Now, do you have any more jokes, or do you want to see the surprise I've prepared for you?"

My face turned towards him automatically, my head suddenly filling with all sorts of images- some very very good, and others very very bad- and a few somewhere in the middle. "Surprise?"

His grin grew even wider. "Don't worry- I know you'll love this. I've got something I'd like to show you, a surprise," he smiled like a little kid on Christmas morning- it was kind of sweet, to be honest.

I pressed my lips together, tilting my head from side to side. "Alright, if you know I'll love it-"

"And you will," he added. I rolled my eyes at the interruption.

"- then sure, go ahead," I managed to finish before he drove onto the highway, the car accelerating smoothly on the black asphalt.

"How was your day, Love?"