Chapter 14

Disclaimer: I'm not a psychologist/therapist. I haven't studied either of these (or is it the same thing?-unclear). What I write is all fiction and the therapist in this study is just a character to further the plot in a somewhat realistic way. If that makes sense. Probs not

------------------

The bus was driving frustratingly slow, always wasting too long when picking up people at the bus stops. Thirty incredibly long minutes went by, before the phone next to me began buzzing, my heart skipping a beat as it did.

My eyes raced all over the place, to see if anyone had noticed it, but then again, what would be so weird about a teenage girl using her phone, or retrieving a call. I looked down on the screen in my hand, my heart sinking all the way down into my lap at the words displayed on the screen.

*Allen calling*

I rejected the call, but I hadn't even put it back down next to me before it popped up again.

*Allen calling*

I rejected the call again, and thankfully he didn't call back- it damn near gave me a heart attack each time he did.

My hand was still on the phone, and the second it touched the blue-green-patterned fabric seat, it vibrated again.

*Pick up the phone*

*Allen calling*

After rejecting the call once again, another message ticked in. And then another. And then another one.

*Call me*

*Where are you*

*Call me*

*Is everything alright*

*Call me*

*Paige CALL ME*

*Paige*

*PAIGE*

I laid the phone back next to me, ignoring the constant, repetitive sound of buzzing next to me as he kept calling and texting me.

Looking back out the window, I couldn't help the smile spreading on my face as I began recognizing things. The dance studio I'd gone to. The pathetic piece of dirt that worked as a park, which I'd played in as a kid, the concrete block of a building that had been my school for the past one and a half years, and right next to it, the identical concrete block where I'd went to elementary.

The bus came to a stop once again, and I got up from my seat, looking over my shoulder through the back window in the bus, before making my way to the back door, stepping out onto the cracked sidewalk.

Exhaling deeply, I looked around once again. No one was staring at me, or running after me- and there wasn't an insane, yellow-eyed monster in sight.

I turned off my thought, and let my legs move on their own- they knew the way home just as well as I did. Walking down the street, I noticed a few familiar faces here and there- not anyone I knew the name of, just people I'd seen around.

The middle-aged man who would sit by the bench and play his antique violin until the cops would come around and ruff him up- and et he'd always be back the next day.

The homeless woman who would walk up and down the streets, her hands shaking up and down while she rolled her neck in circles, her eyes empty.  I'd been scared of her when I was younger, even though she had just been a teenager back then- no older than I was now. No one really knew how she'd ended up here, but she had sort of becoming permanent inventory.