Chapter 14.

I could sense the excitement of the pack as we drew near. We were returning back home and these news were quick to spread like wildfire around the pack.

We weren't returning alone but with our Ulana. This was more than enough to make it a joyous occasion The pack members of The MysticRange Pack had not met Ulana yet, due to what had happened and we had no time to rejoice together with them, with terror having taken place.

Mica worried that it was too soon to just let Ulana be exposed to everyone, with knowledge of what happened to her when she was abducted, to her being at the hospital. He wanted to protect Ulana as much as possible and to not let both of us be overwhelmed.

He would allow for us to have a quick meet and greet with our pack before he took us home, as it was late afternoon and the sun was going down now. The drive was surely not short and therefore we were quite exhausted, but I believe we owed it to the pack to personally give them the good news and, for them to see with their own eyes that Ulana is with us.

We would have stayed a day more at my grandmother's home, had it not been demanding for Mica to return. A long time away from the pack was not good and I didn't want anything, to affect the pack too much. So much needed Mica's attention  as an alpha and I didn't want to add to make him feel torn, as well as worry alot, with us being far away.

He needed his family close, for tension to ease off his shoulders. I would be of help to him, anytime he needed me.

Entering into our pack land, a floodgate of excitement hit us, I took notice with a glance out the window, at the flash of wolves running through the trees on either side of us. Joyous and victorious howls echoed throughout the forest, creating a thunderous announcement of the return of their alpha and luna, having brought home their offspring.

My heart swells with emotion by such a welcome. Mica glances at me through the rearview mirror, his green eyes sparkling like diamonds as a sense of pride fills him.

We drive through until we reach the pack house, parking infront of it. Mica glances over at the backseat, where Ulana and I are, and his eyes smile at us.

" We're here."

" Are you sure you don't want us to just go straight home?" He asks.

" This is home too and our pack members are family, they deserve this moment."

" We wont stay long." He reminds me.

I nod.

" Okay."

He gets out of the car first and I get busy with taking Ulana out of her car seat, placing her in my arms. Due to the much cooler temperature, I decide to cover her head with a blanket, like I always do when I feed her. Thankfully she is still asleep and woke up twice during the trip.

The car door opens and I exit the car, being mindful of her head. Mica is right there beside me like a shield and I can sense that as much as he is glad , to be back with his people, he is overly cautious and attentive for Ulana.  The second we are in view of pack members, who surround us but still maintain a respective distance for us, the light atmosphere with sparks of their excitement heightens.

I glance away from Ulana in time to see both Beta Travis and Kylie, along with Gamma Evan and Cara, descend down the stairs and come our way.

" Welcome home Alpha, Luna." Beta Travis says.

" Thank you." I respond.

Mica on the otherhand simply mindlinks something to Travis, before gesturing for us to head inside. People part, making room for us to walk through and make our way inside.