Chapter 5.

Seeing my father be this way, him seeing us as enemies troubles me, way too much.

But I have to take control, at least I'll have to try. I have to reach deep within where his memories are stored. The need to bring him back to his senses and see us, urges me to take a step forward but Ryker's big body is blocking my way.

" Ryker." I call Ryker, placing my palm on his neck as I communicate with him.

His head turns my way, though his body is alert with my father's presence.

" My alpha, I need to speak to him. Allow me to calm him down." His body grows rigid at my request.

" We need to ease him into believing that we are not the enemy here." I lightly scratch him under his ear, needing him to understand me.

" You are my mate and my alpha, I have no reason to fear. Please alpha, allow your Luna to do this. Let me try."

A minute or two passes before he takes steps back and gives me room to move. I nod my thank you to him, before taking cautious steps towards my father.

He bares his teeth at me but I show no sign of fear, only remaining calm with my hands slightly raised up in surrender.

" Papa!" I call out to him.

His growl ceases a bit and I take that into my advantage.

" Papa, it's Catherine. Your pup. " I say as I close the distance, only remaining a foot apart.

Getting down on my knees and bringing my hand to my chest, I lightly pat three times, on the spot in which my heart beats, looking him into his eyes. " Papa?" I say in a low voice.

My action makes his wolf to no longer growl but grumble deep within his chest, as he stalks towards me. What I have done now is taken from one of my childhood memories, a moment in which my father and I used to share together. It was one of our signiture moves in which we expressed ' I Love You ' to each other.

With no space remaining between us, I slowly rise to my feet, reaching out my hand to touch him but stop short when he starts moving his head, trailing his nose along my body and letting his focus linger on one spot, where my heart beats.

I can sense it so strong on what he is doing. His actions are not in the form of simplisity, but are of him searching for something. He is searching for my wolf. Unfortunately my wolf is not here. She is dead and he doesn't know this.

He was there from the beginning, he was my support system when I had my first change, he guided me through the whole process, he encouraged me and then gave me room to explore this nature. But now it's gone. It's all gone.

He growls lowly in frustration, not understanding why he can't feel her, why his connection with his child's wolf is blank. His frustration leads him to act out and soon, I am shoved back, this resulting in me landing hard on the ground, this knocks the wind out of me and causes a whimper to slip out right after.

A loud threatening growl sounds and the next thing I know, Ryker has jumped infront of me, having knocked my father out of the way. The impact is so strong and powerful, that it throws my father mid air and his body crashes into a tree. I feel myself being surrounded by both Ryker and my brother, both shielding me from my father, who I sense regret along with confusion swirl within him.

Ronan is conflicted, because before him is the man who abandoned us, in his eyes yet he's our father, who we longed to reunite with. If he ever was given a choice to either choose me or our father at this moment, it would be me he chooses, yet the heart of the little boy who had to grow up quickly, seeks answers and closure.