Chapter 10.

My wide eyes snap to her, uncertain if I had heard correctly yet deep within, I know I did.

No, no Nana....You cant do this to me, not now. I need to hold my beloved in my arms and let her feel mommy close.

Her eyes narrow in warning, forbidding me from letting my motherly instincts to win.

This is not the time she spoke of earlier.

I take a step back, my head hanging low as my hands clench at my sides. In all my life I've had to learn that patience would be my greatest tool but just today, it weighs heavily on me.

" May we be excused?" I speak up, my tone soft yet still reaching everyone's ears.

" Catherine -" I glance over my shoulder to my dad, who wears a look of confusion, his eyes showing concern as he glances at Ulana.

I tell him wordlesy that what I have requested is exactly what I need, especially from him. Relief washes over me when he follows everyone else and in the midst of Cara leaving, I mindlink her, asking that she stay.

" Nana - " I try say, but she cuts me off.

" I repeat, don't touch her. " She says, her eyes narrowing with intensity and her voice authorative.

It's no longer just her who speaks.

" What do you mean she shouldn't touch our daughter?.....That doesn't even make sense right now- Catherine -" he stops short when I take a step back, my head hung low and hands clenched at my sides.

" I can't. Not right now." I let out in a low tone.

" Our daughter needs help, she's sick!....She needs her mother!" Mica says in frustration as he paces up and down with her.

Tears brim at my eyes at hearing my mate tell me what I already know yet can't fulfill, until everything becomes clear in my senses.

"Take her to the hospital now please Cara." I say in controlled voice, despite the thickness of my emotions weighing heavily on me.

I lock eyes with Mica then.

The longer we stare into each other's eyes, the deeper the image sinks into him. I don't need to even mindlink the words, they are there. It is time to trust me with our daughter's life. Time for questioning can be done later.

" Yes Luna." I hear her moving from behind me.

" We will talk." He says in an edged tone before gesturing for Cara to follow him.

I let out a shaky breath as I take a seat on the bed, my chest paining under effect of what just happened. I had to watch my baby leave and that felt like she was being taken away from again.

" Catherine." Nana calls me but I don't respond, silently staring at the door.

I hear her sigh before she comes closer. My body grows tense when her hand touches my shoulder.

" Dear -"

" This is the one time, she's been unfair on me." I let out hurt and frustrated.

" Everything has a reason. You know this Catherine." She says through a sigh.

" But she's my baby." I whimper, trying to blink back tears.

I close my eyes, rubbing softly on the area on my chest, in which is paining

" I know dear, I know."

I sigh, rising to my feet, trying to blink back the tears. I take calming breaths, reigning in all other emotions that threaten to burst out of me.