Chapter 34

The most calming of places and yet, my heart hasn't been soothed into it. I layed on my back for a while, until I grew tired and now, I sit up, staring out at the beautiful stream.

Such tranquility, such moments to spend and to let go of everything within, being held and wanting to choke me. She's been present with me yet I have not acknowledged her. Niana, my spirit wolf.

I don't have to return anymore. This thought fills my mind as I stare out at the distance.

" Don't think like that Catherine." She finally speaks, not  being able to hold it in anymore.

" And how am I suppose to think?" I question.

She remains silent, not giving me an answer.

" I'm tired." I speak up again. " I can speak this now because I'm here and not...." There.

I don't finish the sentence.

" Why did you allow for things to get this far?" I finally question, not being able to hold it in.

Instead of an answer, I feel her move from behind me and come sit beside me, now joining me.

" This is the end." I say.

" No it's not." She says, touching my hand but I jerk away from her touch, so fast as if she burnt me.

I glance at her, for the very first time sparing her a look. I see it then, the look of hurt that crosses her face because of my actions.

She never ceases to amaze me with the essence of glow around her, the long white hair that cascades like a waterfall behind her. In her soft pink long sleeved gown, with a touch of white flowers giving it more of that pretty and admirable touch, her powerful yet calm presence and her captivating white eyes, for the first time, it makes me wonder about her story.

But I won't question her, this I can accept, that I don't have a right to.

" So much waits for you Catherine, waiting for your return."

I glance back to the water when I see her staring at it. The water clears like never before until on a certain spot, I see a picture that hurts my heart, the sight of my nana sitting at my bedside,  with tears trailing down her face.

Oh my nana. The one amongst the most important in my life, I don't like the picture I am seeing. She doesn't look okay at all. Her strength has always been what I held onto as I was growing up, to see her break down like this hurts me. I've been hurt before, I've been hospitalised before and she's always kept in hope of my recovery and strength, in order to show me strength. This time however, it looks like she might be the one in need of strength, there hasn't been any sign that I will wake up.

Niana hasn't given it because I haven't given it.

" She hasn't been the same ever since that day, none have." She says.

" My nana." I can't help but say, being affected by seeing her in so much distress.

" Selena is a strong woman but this, having both her grandchildren in difficult states, has really affected her. "

" I know what you are doing." I say, rising to my feet but she is quick to pull me back down.

" My Catherine." I look away from her.

" Are you sending me back?" I ask.

" Not without your consent." She replies.

" Then what is this you are doing now?" I question again.