Chapter Thirty

I watched as Aria packed her things with tears rolling down her face. I felt like someone punched me in the gut, this was all my fault. This is all my fault, I fucked up bad. Now, I was watching the girl that I love, leave me.

"Aria, please don't do this.", I begged.

"Gio, you killed my brother! Now please stop talking to me! Don't touch me, don't talk to me, just leave me alone. You killed my brother!!", Aria snapped.

She started crying and hit her knees then covered her mouth with her hands. It hurt me to see her hurting, I knew of how she felt and I felt like a complete asshole right now. I am just a fucked up person.

I stood up and walked over to her before I wrapped my arms around her, she tried to move from me but I was stronger. I held her close to me, she gave up and let me hold her as she cried.

"Why?", she sobbed.

"I'm sorry, Aria. I'm so sorry.", I whispered.

Aria didn't say anything, the only thing that filled the room was her sobs. I felt shitty and I didn't like seeing her this way. She hates me and it's like suddenly all the love she's had for me has vanished. I don't want to lose her.

I can't lose her.

I held Aria until she was no longer crying, she just stared off into the distance. She looked up at me and didn't say anything.

"It's over.", she said breaking the silence.

What was she talking about?

"What?", I asked.

"It's over, us, our little family we dreamed about. The life we were going to build, the happy times, the babies, the everything. It's over. The contract is broken, peace between my family and yours, those were the rules and you broke them so this marriage means nothing anymore.", she said dryly.

I felt like I just had my heart ripped out of my chest. I couldn't form words to say, I was shocked, to say the least.

"Let me correct myself.", she said getting up.

I felt my eyes become watery and I looked up at her.

"We are over, you and I, but the family isn't. Giovanni, I'm pregnant and I'm keeping it, but it's over, we're over. I'll get you the divorce papers as fast as I can.", she said.

I shook my head before standing up.

"Aria, please. Don't do this, please. Aria, I love you and I can't take back what I did and I'm so sorry. Don't leave me, I can't lose you. Aria you fixed me you put together what was broken and I fell in love with you. I can't lose you."

"Giovanni maybe one day I can forgive but right now when I look at you...I'm...full of hate. I'm sorry Gio but the minute you killed my brother you lost me, whether I knew it then or not.", she said.

Tears fell from eyes and I felt my heart break into thousands of pieces. Aria was pregnant, we were going to start a family and I screwed it up. I fucked up!

I lost her.