Chapter 28

-BE MY GIRLFRIEND-

Francine's POV

It's so silent. Grayson's hands are gripping his thighs and I didn't know what's on his mind. He seems so seriously distracted right now. I can't forget what Chase told me at the grocery store a while ago. He's gone, and I know who's he pertaining to. Thorn is gone, but why? I can't help but to think of something but by the look of Chase, I guess he didn't die. Thorn is gone and that means he left..I just didn't know where and I don't know why I'm bothered by it. I should be thankful that finally he left, that finally he's gone, that finally he's far away from me. But, why do I feel so heavy right now?

"What really happened?" I looked at him when he suddenly spokes out of the blue. My hands starts to tremble as I bite my lower lip out of nervousness.

"G-Grayson..uh..what do you mean?" His gaze fell on me as we reached our driveway. I didn't even know we're already home.

We both went out of the car. I was about to go inside when he hold my wrist stopping me from entering his apartment, I look at him.

Looking at me with those soft eyes of his, he held my hand with his hand gently squeezing it. "Why did you left the house? Why did you left Thorn?" His questions strikes me as I felt beads of sweats started to appear from my forehead. Am I ready to tell him? Should I tell him? I guess, he deserves to know the truth and the real reason why I run away from the house.

"H-He...he loves me." I looked down hoping that he wouldn't do anything, hoping that I didn't hurt him. Why am I thinking about things like this anyways?

"I know..", he knew? "You knew?..how?" I gulped. Hard. "He punched me when I tried to kiss you, you know that. I managed to looked at him at that time and his eyes holds an emotion that a normal brother wouldn't. His eyes are dangerous and cold but there's a hint of love in there. That moment I already knew, he punched me not because he got overprotective with his little sister. He punched me because I tried to kiss you and he's jealous, he loves you." I was speechless. I couldn't say anything. I want to say something but I can't let out the words that's stuck in my throat. He added,"But, why did you run away when he loves you? Doesn't you love him too?" That question made me look up at him. Why did I run away? He did apologized to me for all the things he did. So, why did I?

"I-I..I don't love him. Thorn is.." I inhaled deeply before continuing,"He almost raped me." Grayson's grip on my hand tightened as he looked at me. He seems pissed. Of course he's pissed, why wouldn't he?

"Fuck it! You should've reported him to the police Francine." Yeah, he's right. I should've but, why didn't I? I don't really know.

"I-I know.. but, he's still my step brother and I can't do that to him."

"But he can do that to you!" He's furious now. He punched the wall and I flinched. Reaching out for his hand, I tried my best to calm him down. His muscles tensed up but after a moment they loosen up a bit as he let out a deep sigh.

"H-He already apologized..he didn't mean it, he's just drunk at that night Gray." His shoulders went up and down as he breaths heavily while measuring me with his eyes. I'm telling the truth tho.

He pulled my hand to embrace me in between his arms as he murmured something on my ear, "I wouldn't let that happen to you again. I'm gonna protect you from him Francine. I won't let him go near you, I don't care if he's your step brother or what I wouldn't let anyone make you cry." I felt my tears streamed down my face as I hugged him back tightly. My heart feels warm by the words he told me. I couldn't explain what I'm feeling right now but one thing's for sure, I know Gray wouldn't hurt me.

"Thank you very much Gray.. I-I don't know how to thank you enough, you've done so much for me." I felt his lips kissed my head as he rubbed my back soothingly, then he move away a bit but his arms remained still around me.

"Don't worry munchkin, I'll always be here." He took both of my hands with his hands as he lifted them up his face before placing a gentle kiss on them. He whispered sweetly, "Be my girlfriend, I promise I won't hurt you." His words taken me aback. Maybe, I should give him a chance, after all he's the one who's been there for me at tough times and he helped me like a lot. I like Grayson and he's a boyfriend material but my feelings for him isn't that strong, it's like my heart isn't that alive for him but, maybe ..I can learn to love him, after all I like him.

Smiling sweetly at him with tears in my eyes. I've decided. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." His face lit up like a star as he pulled me once again in a tight, warm hug which I gladly returned.

"I promise I won't make you cry, you won't regret this Francine." I know..I won't. Right?

"I love you." He said. I felt my cheeks heat up by his words.

"I..love you too." I mumbled as he kissed my forehead. Grayson's smile didn't faded away from his face as we enter his apartment. My life is different now and I'm starting to fix it. I just hope that there will be no one who will make it bad and twisted again. I'm tired of things like that.

I should focused on my life now, and with Grayson. He is now a part of my life and I'll treasure him.

For Thorn, I hope he finds his true love on wherever he is now.

My heart thumps and beats loudly as I remember Thorns words.

'I love you'

'Then if it's not love..tell me what is it that I'm feeling? Tell me why the fuck everytime I look at you or your just simple smile I felt like the happiest man ever, tell me why the fuck everytime you call my name using your luscious lips my heart flutters like a fucking teenager inlove, fucking tell me everytime you cry I feel pain as if there's a needle that's poking my heart and I needed to protect you. Tell me what is that feeling Francine.'

I sighed as I felt Grayson's hand on mine. He intertwined our fingers as he looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I gave him an assuring smile as he leaned down kissing my forehead.

I'll be happy with him. I know..I will.