Chapter 23

-COLD NIGHT-

Thorn's POV

I can't believed what happened, it's as if in just one snapped of a finger everything became different. I hated my dad but he's still my dad and I feel so bad that I didn't even had the chance to told him how sorry I am for everything that I've done, for being such a stubborn son to him and I didn't even had the chance to thank him as well for taking care of me and for not giving up on me no matter how bad my deeds are. I admit, he's the greatest father I could ever have.

"Condolence to you and Francine, Thorn." My cousin, Chase patted my shoulder to gain my attention, I just smiled at them and muttered 'thanks' to him before he went to find a seat for himself.

Minutes later, Kyle and Bruce followed and some of our friends and my batch mates came.

Looking outside to check if there's still some guest, I went to my seat beside Francine. I still remember the day we saw the news and how she fainted, luckily I caught her before she landed on the floor.

After she woke up she became a crying mess, I can't even speak with her properly because if she opens her mouth, a sob will surely follow, until now.

We've recovered our parents bodies already and now's the day of their burial. Dad's closed friends and business partners came to say farewell to him. They offered flowers and more while on the other hand. Francine's mom didn't had anyone visit her. I didn't bother to asked her because I know she won't be able to answer me properly right now.

"Francine.. my condolence to you." I turned my face to the one who spoked and my blood immediately boiled as Grayson said beside her and held her hand in his hand as she thanked him with tears in her eyes.

She's sitting between us and I should be the one who's comforting her right now but I just can't , I don't have the courage to hold her in her broken state. I half blame them for my father's death. If they didn't came my father would still be alive right now and I'm still a happy person right now.

I balled my hand into a fist then looks away from them, I heard Grayshit said condolence to me and I just nodded without looking at him. I know it's a rude act but I don't give a shit about him.

After we gave our farewell speech to the both of them the guests came to us saying condolence once again before leaving the venue.

Kyle, my cousin and some of my friends are the only one left including me.

"What's your plan now?" Kyle asked me while we're heading all to Francine's direction but I quickly stopped in my own tracks when I saw Grayson held out his hand for her to accept before hopping in his car and drove off. She didn't even bothered herself to search for me or even say goodbye to me.

I gritted my teeth as I clenched my jaw in anger. I wanna fucking punch that assholes face until it can't be recognized anymore.

"Isn't that Grayson? Why Francine's left with him?" Bruce asked us but I'm not paying attention anymore. All I want is to get wasted tonight.

"I wanna get drunk, let's go." I turned around then started to walked towards my car as the rest followed me half running.

"Thorn are you seriously going to get drunk? How about Francine, she's alone right now and needs your company." Chased stopped me as I shrugged his hand off my shoulder then smirked at him.

"Needs my company? Didn't you see it, Chase or do I have to remind you what you saw earlier again? She's with that Grayshit asshole and if you don't want to come with me then don't. I'm not forcing you, all of you." I looked at them while smirking then scoffed before getting inside my car.