Chapter 25 - Possessive

Chapter 25 - Must have been the wind

Hyde

"Sir, the meeting is starting," Freanceia said, and opened the double doors where the meeting is currently being held. The moment I entered the conference room, everyone stood up and bowed as a sign of respect, except Sen. Fulvous, Amaranth's father. Very well, then.

"Am I late?" I asked and fixed my coat.

"How could the C.E.O arrive late? It's disrespectful to those who came early, " he said in an instant, and I raised my brow.

I want to laugh right now. Naturingang senador pero mukhang walang pinag-aralan. Is he really a senator? He doesn't act like one, though.

"Oh, is that so? My bad, but the question is, did you come here early? " He seemed stiffened by my question, but he managed to keep his cool.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. C.E.O, you just arrived on time. " I nodded and let out my smirk for the second time. He frowned, and I wanted to tease him more. He really hates to tag along, eh?

"I see. You may now take your seat and proceed with the meeting. "

I took the vacant seat, which made it clear that it was for me. My father is the chairman of the board at wala siya dito sa ngayon because he travels to Tagaytay to oversee the development of the hotel. Elara Archelous, his secretary, was summoned for the meeting, which he had organized himself. Nilibot ko ang tingin ko and I saw how the brows of the old hag met. How funny that he can still manage to look at me like that even though the meeting is already starting. I know some of the people inside can see the looks on his face.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for being present in this meeting. Can we call this meeting to order? "

"Yes, " everyone chorused except me. I didn't bother to talk because I'm lazy as hell. My saliva is too precious to waste.

"Are there any apologies for the absence from today's meeting except for the chairman?" Walang nag-salita. So, it means wala ngang absent maliban kay Daddy.

I thought silence meant yes? Nevermind that. Someone raised her hand and caught the attention of every person inside the conference room.

"Yes, Ms. vice-chairman?"

"Would you mind if ask something? "  wika ng vice-chairman.