School

Kenzye's POV:
I pulled an all-nighter on the first day of school. I was so nervous that I couldn't sleep. "Benny and Kenzye wake up." Mom said. "I'm already up mom." I said. "Oh good. You excited?" She asked. "Uh nervous. I mean it's high school." I said. "I'm sure you will do just fine." Mom said. "I hope so." I mumbled. "Well, hurry up and don't miss the bus this year Benny." Mom said. "We won't." He said, putting on a tight black t-shirt. "You look beautiful." Benny said, hugging me from behind. "Thank you. Are you trying to tease me with this tight shirt?" I said. "So I'm getting you fluster aren't I?" He said, kissing my temple. "Shut up and put pants on." I said, grabbing my backpack.
"Smalls, hurry up. We are gonna as the bus." I shouted. "Bye mom." He shouted and we ran to the bus stop. The team was at the stop. Thank gosh we didn't miss the bus. "You guys barely made it." Squints said. "Shut up, Squints." I said, mess up his hair. "You messed with the hair. You are going down." Squints said, the bus doors opened and I hurried in first. I sat in the back and watched the boys hurrying to the back. "You were lucky." Squints said, Benny sat down next to me. "Don't listen to him. He wasn't gonna do anything anyways." Benny said. "I know. His hair wasn't done properly anyways." I said, giggling. Benny chuckled.
We were about to walk into the school and I just stopped. "Kenzye what's up?" Smalls asked. "We are about to go into this big building with seniors. Doesn't that sounds crazy to any of you guys?" I said, playing with my fingers. "If the seniors hit on you, The Sandlot boys got your back." Ham said. "I know, we finally get lockers. I have 479 D." I said. "I have 481 D." Benny said. Yes we get lockers next to each other. "483 D." Smalls said. "485 D." Ham said. "487 D." Squints said. "489 D." Yeah-Yeah said. "491 D." Repeat said. "493 D." Kenny said. "495 D." Timmy said. "497 D." Bertram said. "We all have lockers together." I said, bumping into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry." I said, looking up. "It's fine babygirl." Ugh a senior. I sigh and walk away. "Damn, she a fine women." He said. "Benny, keep walking." I said to Benny, because I knew he was gonna make the situation bigger than it is. "Stop looking at my girlfriend." Benny shouted. "That's your girl. She probably gonna leave you. Your a baseball player." He said. He shouldn't have said that. "She loves me for who I am and not just what I play." Benny said. "Benny walk away." I said, standing in front of Benny. I just wanted a normal school day. He walked away. "Walk away little boy." The senior boy said. Benny turned around and I stopped him. I pushing him away. We walked to our lockers and put books away. "What the hell was that back there?" Smalls said angry. We were all shocked that he swore. "It's just that I don't want senior boys talk to her." Benny said. "They aren't gonna stop just because she's in a relationship." Smalls said. "How do you know so much about high school?" Bertram asked. "My mom told me to protect her and so did Benny's mom." Smalls said. "You don't have to protect me. You know that right?" I said, putting a hand on Smalls's shoulder. "I know just want to do what my mom says." He said. "Thank you. I'm heading to first period." I said, shutting my locker. I walked to AP Science. I'm smart and all but I just want to be with my friends. The second bell finally rang and the senior boy came in and sat down right next to me. "What's your name?" He asked. "You don't deserve my name." I said, looking towards the front. "Well, hi my name is Garrett." He said. "Cool, you're still not getting my name." I said. "So today is all about getting to know each other. So start with your name and what you want to be when you're older. So starting with you, Ms.Ruth." Mr.Johnson said. "Hi my name is Kenzye Joy Ruth and I want to be a MBL player like my father." I said. "Next is Mr.Worth." Mr.Johnson said. "Hi my name is Garrett Worth and I want to be a NFL player like my grandfather." He said.
Class ended and I hurried and left to AP Math. "What you have Ms.Ruth?" Garrett asked. "AP Math, you?" I asked. "Got that too. Let me walk with you." He said, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "Get off of me. I'm loyal and you need to get that through you non-existent brain of yours." I said, taking his arm off of me. We walked to class and I hated school. I never hated school in my life.
It's lunch. Finally I get to see my friends and not Garrett Worth. "Hey how about we get lunch together." Garrett said. "No thanks. I have friends." I said, walking to the lunchroom. I wasn't hungry, so I sat down at a table that sat everyone. They got their lunch and sat down and Benny of course sat down next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead. I smiled and listened to the boys first day at school so far.
The bell rang and Garrett was waiting at one of the exit doors. "Ugh, leave me alone." I said to him. "What class do you have?" Garrett asked. "I have Weights." I said. "Coach who?" He said. "I pretty sure it's Coach Craig." I said. "I have him too. Lets go to class." He said. I walked to the locker rooms and got changed into my PE clothes. I put on a black t-shirt and neon pink spandex shorts. I walked to the weight room and it was full of boys. I was the only girl and they were all juniors and seniors. Ugh, can this day get any worse. "I'm Coach Craig. Are you in the right weight class?" He asked me. "Yeah, I am." I said. "Okay, so we are doing bench press and squats today." Coach said. "Do you want me to spot you or are you okay with the boys spotting you?" Coach asked me. "I will go and do it with Garrett Worth." I said, pointing to him. "Okay, I just want you to feel safe here." Coach said. "Thanks Coach." I said, walking to Garrett. "So you would workout with me but not talk to me like I'm a human being." He said. "Yeah, pretty much." I said. "You go first. How much weight?" He said. "Um, like 5lbs." I said, getting ready on the bench press. I grabbed the bar and did my reps. "Damn, you are the only girl I know that does weights." He said. "It's not that hurt if you know what to do." I said.
Finally it's the end of the day. "Babe." I heard Benny say. I turned around and he hugged me. "Hi, I'm trying out for cheerleading." I said, hugging him back. "Can I watch you practice?" He asked, he let go. "Of course and mom said we have to walk home because she's working late tonight." I said.
I made the cheerleading team. "You did so good out there." Benny said. "Thank you. Lets go home." I said. He grabbed my bag and his. We left and started walking home when Garrett pulled up next to us. "Do you guys need a ride home?" Garrett asked. "No, we are good. Thank you though Garrett." I said. "If you say so." He said, while speeding off. "Is he still bothering you?" Benny asks. "No, I think we're friends. Plus we have all our AP classes together." I said. "Is that why you were walking with him all day today?" He asked. "Yes." I said, grabbing Benny's hand. "I love you." He said. "I love you more." I said. "That's impossible." He said. I giggled and we were almost home. Smalls came out yelling at us. "Smalls, what's wrong?" I asked. "You aren't gonna believe it." Smalls said. "Well, spit it out." Benny said. "I got into the math league." Smalls said. "I thought someone died Smalls. Plus that's a good thing, right?" I said. "I'm sorry that I worried you and yes this is a good thing." Smalls said. "I made the cheerleading team." I said. "You have to wear a mini skirt you know." Smalls said. "I know, goodnight Smalls." I said. "Goodnight Kenzye." Smalls said, walking back into his house.
Benny and I have been doing nothing. All we have done since school got out was watch movies. I was tired so I was falling asleep. That's all I remember.