Getting Adopted and A New Name

Kenzye's POV:
I was so nervous that I was up at 5:30 in the morning. I usually wake up at 7:30 or 8 in the morning. I was waiting outside for Benny and his mom. They pulled up and I got into the car. "Good morning honey. You ready for court?" Benny's mom said. "Yeah, just nervous." I said, smoothing out my dress. "Babe, you look so beautiful." Benny said. "Oh thank you, Benjamin. You look handsome." I said.
We got to the court room and I had to sit with the lawyer. "You ready kid?" He asked. "Yes, I found the perfect family." I said, smiling at Benny. "All raise." The court room was so quiet. We all stood up and he sat down. "You may be seated." The judge said. I said down. What if this doesn't work out. "Kenzye Joy Murdock Ruth, please stand up." The judge said. I stood up and put my hands to my sides. "Do you accept the Rodriguez family to be your new family?" He asked. "Yes, I do sir." I said. "Sign this paper to change your name to Kenzye Joy Ruth then sign your name to be adopted. May Lily Rodriguez come up and sign your name too." The judge said. The police officer handed me the papers and I signed my new name on my papers and mom signed the paper too. I finally have a family that would leave me. "You may be excused." The judge said, walking to the chambers. We walked out of the courtroom and the team was there waiting. "I got adopted!" I shouted and everyone hugged me. I was crying this was the happiest day of my life. Everyone let go of me and I ran to mom. "Thank you so much mom. I love you." I said, crying into her shoulder. "You're welcome, Kenzye Joy Ruth. You're the most beautiful soul, I have ever met. I'm glad I adopted you." She said, mumbling into my hair. I hugged her so tightly. I didn't want to let go. "Come on, Kenzye let's go play so baseball." The boys shouted. "Is that okay, mom?" I asked. "It's okay, sweetheart. Do you want to change first?" She asked. "No, I'm good." I said, running to the boys. "Let's go boys." I said, jumping on Benny's back.

🧢AT THE SANDLOT🧢
"Kennnnny... I get to pitch. It's my day." I said, practically begging. He gave in and handed me the baseball. I was full of joy and I'm so happy. I'm happy for once. Ham was up to bat first, Benny was catcher. Everyone knows he's gonna strike out. Benny gave me the throw him a curve ball. I was ready to pitch then Philips' Crew came into the Sandlot. "What the hell do you want know?!" I shouted. "I heard that you got adopted." Phillips said. "And your point is?" I said, walk into him. "I heard from people that
you are related to Babe Ruth." He said. "And that is a rumor." I said, crossing my arms crossed my chest. "Leave my girlfriend alone or I'm beating your ass." Benny said. "Babe, I can stand my ground." I said.

🧢IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT ASS CHAPTER. I have writers block and I'm waiting for my college application to come back🧢