Talking With The Lawyer/ Playing Baseball

😭TRIGGER WARNING THE WHOLE CHAPTER😭
Benny's POV:
I hardly slept last night. "Benny, breakfast." Mom shouted. I yawned and got some pants on. I threw on a random shirt I found on the floor. "One minute mom." I shouted back. I put socks on and a pair of shoes. I brushed my hands with my hair. I really didn't care what I look like. I put some cologne on. I brushed my teeth and did my business. I washed my hands and walked out of my room. I walked down the stairs slowly and groggy. "Benny, you look horrible." Mom said. "Because I feel like it." I said. "Don't think like that. We are speaking to the lawyer today." Mom said. "Really?" I said, with eggs in my mouth. "Yes, now eat and go to the sandlot." Mom said. I eat my breakfast so fast. "Bye mom." I said. "Be home by 5:30." Mom said. "Okay." I said. I ran to the sandlot. Kenzye was already there, but she looked way to girly. "Kenzye, why are you so dressed up? What's going on?" I asked, kissing her cheek. "Uncle Myrtle, told me I have to act and look like a girl. I hate his rules. I can't eat until it's 9:30 in the morning and I can't eat dinner until it's 5:30. Oh and I can't have snacks in my room or have them at all." She said. "We talk to the lawyer today, so you can come home early." I said. "Oh, Benny. Precious Benny, it takes months sometimes years for anything to happen. You don't understand the system." She said. "What you can't come until months, maybe even years?!" I asked/ shouted. "Benny,  it's just how laws work. They look into how financial stable you are, if your mom can support me. They even look into your moms job. It's just how it works." She said, looking very sad. "I wish laws didn't exist." I said. "Well, if we didn't have them, kids would be homeless sometimes even dead. Do you really want kids to die on the streets? There was a girl my age, she was a prostitute. She was helping her parents with the bills, someone killed her because she was helping her parents. Now her brother is by himself and his parents beat him and starve him. They say it was his fault his sister died, now he's on the streets. He's 20 years old, and he has face tattoos and he his in a gang. I met him, because I was on the streets. I had to help my mother pay for the bills. I was almost kidnapped, but he saw me and said I was his sister. Do you know what I did after that? I just hugged him. Because he saved me for a kidnapper and I was ten. A ten year old working as a prostitute, that effects someone." She said, I didn't know that side of her. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know." I said. "No one knows, until now. My father Babe Ruth, always told me to not let anything in the past hurt me in the present. I promised Babe Ruth, I wouldn't let him down. I'm letting him down, because I'm wearing a skirt that is so small on me, because that's all I have. Except ripped skinny jeans that are so small on me, that it hurts. I'm not skinny anyone, I'm fat and ugly." She started crying. I hugged her tightly. "You're not fat at all, you're not ugly. No, I'm not just saying that. You are so beautiful and healthy. You are unique and your dad Babe Ruth tells the truth. He may be gone, but he's never gone to you." I said. "Your Dad is Babe Ruth?" Ham asked. "Yes, he's my dad I never want anyone to know. People say that I'm only saying that to get popularity. I'm not, because I don't say my actually birth name. My name is actually Kenzye Joy Murdock Ruth. I know, it's weird. I might go back to Kenzye Joy Ruth instead of Kenzye Murdock, I took my mom maiden name. I don't want it anymore. Officer Carter is doing the paperwork today, so I can go by Kenzye Joy Ruth." She said, she stop crying. "That's a beautiful name." Smalls said. She walked over to Smalls and hugged him. "Thank you guys for not unfriending me." She said. "Why would we, you are so freaking amazing and the exploding guts was awesome too." Yeah-Yeah said. "I love you guys. You are my family now." She said. I feel bad because I don't know what to do.

It's noon and we are taking a break for baseball for a minute because it is so hot. "So, why did you think we were going to unfriend you?" Ham asked. "Because when I tell people that story about Babe Ruth being my father and that I had to work on the streets. I thought you guys would have left that's what I was thinking... I don't know anymore." She said. She was definitely holding something back. She just broke down into Yeah-yeah's arms.

Kenzye's POV:
Yeah-Yeah is the only one that knows I got raped at 12 years old by my uncle. I had his kid, I wanted to end my life but Dad told me not too. He told me that if I took my life that I wouldn't meet the best people in my life. The Sandlot crew is my people. "Should I tell them?" I whispered into Yeah-Yeah's ear. "Only if you trust them." He whispered back. "Guys I was holding just barely. The reason I haven't told my whole life story is because I was raped at 12 years old by my uncle. I had his kid and in my mindset back then was that taking my life was the only way out. Dad told me that I would meet the best people in my life and that is The Sandlot crew. I'm sorry I have been holding back a lot lately." I said, wiping the tears rolling down my cheeks.

🧢AT 5:20 PM🧢
"We got to go see ya guys." Benny and I said dropping Smalls off. "See ya." Smalls said. "I hope we have good news." I mumbled. "I hope so." Benny said. We walked into the house and saw Benny's mom crying. "Mom, you okay?" Benny said, running to the side of her. "It's tears of happiness you guys. Kenzye I get to adopt you." Lily said. "Oh my gosh. I'm getting adopted." I said, jumping up and down. I was so happy for once in my life. Benny ran up to me picked me up by my waist and spun me around. He slowly put me down and kissed me. "I'm so happy. Thank you Lily or should I say mom." I said. "Call me mom." Lily said. I ran to her and hugged her. I kissed her cheek and hugged her. "Thank you so much mom. I couldn't ask for a better mom." I said. She kissed my cheek. I was smiling ear to ear.