Of Vague Dreams.

After two whole weeks of adjusting - or trying to adjust - to her new life, Elysia finally felt at ease.

The night after her infamous and super vague 'tour' with Zavian, Verena had stopped by and helped her unpack and redecorate the place so it looked as close to her home back in Astra pack as possible.

Verena - or Vee , as everyone in the capital called her - had even introduced Elysia to her friends, which was practically everyone in the capital.

In a matter of just two weeks, every chosen one knew Elysia, and she could barely remember the names of the ten people living on the same street as her.

Speaking of, she was sure that she'd have to spend at least three hours cleaning up her house after everyone left. Verena, together with  a bunch of people had dropped by to hang out. If Elysia was being honest, she was thankful for the distraction, otherwise she would have spent her time holed up in her  room concocting theories as to why Zavian thought she was not just any chosen one.

"EARTH TO EL!" Someone screamed in her goddamned ear.

It was Joshua, her newest friend.

"Ouch." Was all she said.

"Are you done with your daily dose of maladaptive daydreaming?" Verena said, barely looking up as she picked at her nails.

"I don't know, maybe in a decade?" Elysia retorted, a soft smile playing at her lips.

She walked over to the kitchen to get some milk, but was stopped by a tall figure looming at the gate.

Kenneth. Tall and rugged, with small scars loitered over his face and long-ish hair.
Another one of Verena's friends, and now a friend of Elysia too.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked.

"It's nothing really. I was just thinking why Alpha Zavian went MIA on me after promising me he'd help discover my capabilities."

Elysia was vaguely aware of how she went from calling him Zavian in the safe confines of her mind to addressing him as 'alpha Zavian' out here.

"You won't see much of him, he's off to the Alecto pack, doing alpha stuff." Verena said, leaning on the kitchen door. "But don't worry , he's usually back after a week or two."

Some part of Elysia's mind eased at the information. Maybe it was because Zavian was the most powerful one out here and she felt relatively safe with him around, maybe it was the fact that he was the medium through which she'd possibly discover her capabilities, or maybe it was just the plain and blatant truth that that man was handsome. She didn't know.

"Well then I'm off to overthink - or daydream - as Vee here pointed out. See you all tomorrow."

Elysia ran upstairs after greeting everyone, her glass of milk forgotten.

~~~~~~~~

She walked on, her dress swishing and confidence oozing out of her.

But if she was really being honest right now, it was too difficult not to puke from the mere nerves of being here.

Her visit to this place had been unplanned and spontaneous. And she felt particularly uneasy at the fact that she'd left her mate behind. But the situation required it be done at the earliest.

"Elysia." Someone spat from behind her. She turned around to be met with a face she'd hoped she would not have to see anytime soon.

"Why, Mr.kingsley . I'd hoped you'd at least have a smile on your face." She said in a way of greeting.

"Let's just go, talk and get this over with, shall we?" He said in a gutteral voice.

Egoistic prick.

Seated in a spacious room, Elysia fiddled with her thumbs as Mr. Kingsley ever so kindly lashed out at his servants.

She'd count to three, and then she'd interfere.

"You pigs! Is this what I said I wanted?!"

1, she clenched her fists.

"You'd understand only when I whip your family in front of you all, is that it? Is that what you pigs want?!"

2, she clenched her jaw so hard it ached.

"I'd even give a special treatment to your children -- five extra whips --"

"ENOUGH!" she screamed. "enough of this crap. Let them be!"

"And what is a woman like you going to do about this" he scoffed.

"I'd make your life living hell, for one. And believe me, I have my resources." She seethed.

"Oh I see, you're one of them. Ah! That's what got you infuriated. Seeing your own kind being treated like the filth they are." He mocked.

"Yes, I actually am one of them. And we're categorised as people with morals. Quite different from people like you who have fungus in their brains."

She took a few seconds to calm herself down.

"I think I expected this. So as the future Luna, I deny any form of help from reaching you when you need it the most. Learn how to be a little considerate before you want us to take your proposal into consideration --"

She couldn't finish her sentence as the wretched man in front of her fished his blade from his pocket and embedded it into her gut.

~~~~~~~~

Elysia shot right up in bed, a soft sheen of sweat coating her body, her hand unconciously clutching her stomach.

Dream. That was all it was.

She couldn't see the face of the woman who'd graced her dream , but knew in her bones it was someone she'd seen before.

Only after she'd calmed herself down to an extent where she could comprehend what wa going on near her did she realise it was raining heavily.

She decided to go outside on the porch to clear her mind a bit. But when she opened the door, she was taken aback.

Zavian stood there in the rain, besides his car. His hair all over the place and hazel eyes wide and alert. He was panting, just like she'd been mere minutes ago.

It was almost as if he knew.

And for a second Elysia thought maybe he did.

••••••••

A/n: .. yo.

Sup.

Bleh.

Meh.

I love you all.

Hihi.

Bye <3

Vote, comment, share and add to your reading lists PWETTY PWEASE.

love, N.