Of Dreams and Nightmares.

Three hours into a new day, Elysia Jarsdel woke up to her best friends screams.

She sighed and went over to where Priscilla , her best friend ,was sleeping. Just as she was about to slap Priscilla to wake her up from her nightmare, Prisci shot right up in bed screaming her name.

"Calm down Prisci. You're safe. It was a nightmare!!"

It had been 6 months since Priscilla's parents were found dead in their home - a mystery that , like every other mystery, had been brushed under the carpet.

Prisci hadn't originally belonged to the Astra pack - one of the three big packs. But ever since her parents death, Elysia's parents had basically adopted her and treated her like family. Normally, there would've been resistance if a member of a smaller werewolf pack came to live amongst the big three - but every one knew better than to screw with the Jarsdels.

"You're going to be chosen, El. I had a dream - you're going to be a part of the chosen committee." Priscilla muttered just as she finished chugging her second glass of water.

The werewolf world was ruled by the three big packs - the Alecto pack, the Astra pack and the Oberon pack. All the other packs fell under the command of the big three.

The chosen committee was for those who were to fulfill bigger destinies - thus, consisting of the chosen ones from the big three , and the ones from the lesser packs. Being chosen meant having power , prestige and privilege that were not known to even the ones born in the big three. But it also meant dangers far worse than anyone could possibly fathom.

"What did you see?" She noticed Prisci's eyes were glazed.

"When the night is young, and the moon hangs low;
The queen shall make her chosen one glow."

"You're talking in riddles, Prisci! This doesn't make sense."

"It does, El! There's only one night in the whole year when the moon hangs low -"

"- Lunar fest." She completed for Priscilla.

"Exactly. You'll be chosen at the masquerade - the night of the Lunar fest. You're going to be a part of the very thing that killed my parents." Priscilla whispered hurriedly.

"No. No, Prisci. The chosen committee is not what caused your parents death. And what you saw was a dream. Nothing more than that!"

"El I saw a dream that predicated my parents death. We brushed it off then. I'm not taking chances this time."

"I know I know. I am not saying your dreams are invalid. I could never. And if it's true, you and I both know that no one can do anything to stop it from happening."

The next words Elysia said were muffled as she was wrapped in her best friend's embrace.

"The Lunar fest is going to be organised by the Astra pack this time.. And the Alpha and Luna want it to be perfect. So sleep, wake up early tomorrow - you and I are going to have a field day."

With one last hug, she got up from Priscilla's bed and walked to her own.

"Good night, Prisci"

As the last bit of consciousness left her, she heard Prisci mutter something something under her breath -

- until her words became more clearer.

"Good night, Avyanna"

~~~~~

a/n : mwahahahahahahahaha hello.

Shizzzzzz begins here!!

Legggooooo

A short - ish chapter. It gets longer and bumpier ahead.

Fasten up your seatbelts, fellow crackheads