𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

Y/n's Pov

Once most people who had a good amount of stamina got out, the door started to close, and anyone slow got left behind and disqualified. And so, we were in the second part of the First Phase.

Satotz began explaining the area we were at, and the precautions to take to not get killed/eaten. I personally didn't care, since I only had one thing on my mind at this point.

I'm gonna follow Killua and see what he does throughout this part of this phase.. teehee~

Some random person came out of the corner of the small building we exited the tunnel from, claiming they were actually the examiner. Everyone started talking amongst themselves, while I just looked at Bubs. He looked back at me and smirked, "Brother, don't kill the examiner." I sternly said, which he gave my a sigh as a reply. "Fine, fine." he said as he took out some cards, launched them to the fake examiner and the real one. The fake examiner who claimed to be the real one died, and the real examiner caught all of the cards thrown at him.

My brother starts to chuckle, "I see it now, isn't it obvious? You're the real examiner." Big brother says. The examiner drops the cards he was holding. "A so-called examiner, is a Hunter hired by the Selection Committee to serve for free. They might not be the Hunters we aspire to be, but that kind of attack should be easily deflected." My big brother says, while everyone else is staring with a mix awe, shock, or fear. As per usual, my big brother's being amazing~! "I'll take that as a compliment," Satotz starts, "However, if you lay a hand on me again, for whatever reason, it will be considered as a violation against the examiner. You will be immediately disqualified. Do you understand?" Satotz asks big brother. "Yes." My brother replies.

I stare at Bubs with my eyebrows furrowed and he looks back at me confused. I jump up into the air, up to his height, and give him a chop to the head. Everyone gasps in shock. I land with one foot on the ground and the other lifted at a 90° degree angle, and slowly bring the lifted foot to the ground. "Bubs, I told you to not kill the examiner!" I scold. "But N/n.. he didn't die! He caught the cards.." he said with a slight pout. "What would you do without me?" I say, crossing my arms with a sigh. "I'd probably end up killing examiners.. I'm sorry N/n," Bubs says with sincerity coating his words. "Well, as long as you understand~," I say with a giggle and a smile. Everyone is still staring with confusion. "What? Can't a little sister scold her older brother if he makes a mistake?" I say with a grin, and wrap my arms around big brothers arm, as he gives me a pat on the head.

Lil' Time Skip~

We're all running, following Satotz through swindlers swamp in a crowd. We're following him so we don't get lost inside the foggy swamp. I myself am not particularly following Satotz, I'm following Killua, and blending into the crowd as to not attract attention, even if I already had with my little stunt earlier.. ^^. So far multiple people have died, mainly due to getting eaten, and so the amount of people in the crowd lessened.

After a while, I feel the presence of an organism under the ground. I take this as a chance to test how Killua thinks. I get out of the crowd and jump on a tree and without a moments notice, the ground under Killua and Gon collapses, and they get eaten by a giant frog. The frog starts leaping away, and I follow it jumping from branch to branch on the trees.

After a few minutes of following the frog, it looks like it's about to be sick and suddenly spits out Killua and his friend. I immediately look at the two, trying to see what had happened. I notice the orange laxative juice Tonpa was giving rookies including me, in his hands giving me a vivid idea as to what had happened. I mentally clapped and physically smirked at his fairly quick idea to poison the frog to get out. Killua reiterated what I thought he had done, they got up, and headed off on their way to find the crowd of people hopefully still following Satotz.

After a while of walking, and me still following Killua, Gon seemed to have sensed something, and went off without saying anything, leaving Killua to think that his friend was still following him. Killua saw the crowd of people and looked back and told, his missing friend, "Look, there's people," before realizing his friend was gone. He shrugged, and headed off in the direction of the participants still following Satotz, and I followed. Once Killua reached the group, I snuck into the crowd and blended in to continue watching Killua. I noticed Bubs wasn't here, then remembered him telling me he was going to play examiner with a few of the participants.

Time Skip to Phase 2~

The second phase is for cooking, which just so happens to be my specialty. I liked cooking for Bubs, since he didn't cook. I'm especially good with knives as well- I'm very precise with them. Anyway, as much as I would've loved watching Killua during this, I had to pass the exam to continue watching him, since he peaked my interest. I killed a pig with ease, and made it back to the testing area. Everyone else came back with their pigs a while after and started cooking them. I noticed everyone else was failing, because of Menchi's desire for something that looked good and tasted of something other than simply roasted pig, so I began with my handy work with the ingredients in the cooking station. I began by slicing the raw  pig into thin slices, about 2 inches wide each. I seasoned and marinated them with dry Marsala wine to add a kick of flavor. I placed each of them on the pan, and turned up the heat to medium fire to let the pork cook thoroughly. Once I was done cooking the pork slices, I placed them on a plate and began preparing the presentation. I surrounded the pork with red wine, I added a small rose I had collected while hunting my pig, and topped off the pork with green onions.

I handed the dish over to Menchi and I saw her mouth watering and eyes sparkling at the sight of my dish. "This may actually taste good.." She took a bite and seemed to be very impressed by my dish. "Aaaaand, you're the only one that passed! And everyone else has failed." She said the first part enthusiasm, and then her voice went monotone when announcing everyone else's failure. I went wide eyed because I realized I wouldn't be able to watch Killua anymore, if he failed, thus angering me because he was the one person who seemed to amuse me, with anything he did. I almost released my bloodlust to force her into reconsidering, when chairman netero dropped from the sky and made her let everyone she failed, retake the phase.

Time Skip to the Phase 2 Retake~

Since I had originally already passed phase 2, I didn't have to retake it. And thus, took this as a chance to watch Killua again. Some people jumped in, leading to their impending death. His buddy, Gon, had them all jump down at the same time. I was interested as to what would happen when they were to jump off the cliff and into the ravine. I watched as they jumped in, and grabbed onto the webs inside the ravine, hanging over a river, very far down. Killua grabbed his egg, and on Gon's signal, they all let go and were carried up by a sudden gust of wind, and landed on safe ground, with their eggs. I clapped enthusiastically with a wide grin with closed eyes. I opened my eyes and I caught his gaze on me. I smirk, and walk over to him. I put my hands behind my back, intertwined, and lean over at him still looking at him. We were finally going to talk. "You know, you're pretty interesting~" I cooed. He chuckled slightly and asked, "Are you the one who's been watching me from time to time?" And I said, "As expected.. of an assassin, being able to tell I'm there when any normal person wouldn't be able to~" He went wide eyed and stared at me, I just grinned cheekily. He then averted his gaze and went off to boil his egg. My brother, who had just put his egg to boil, since he didn't pass the previous test, had just come over to me. "Are you interested in him?" He asked. I simply nodded. "I'm actually interested in the potential of his friend, Gon," he casually said. I stared at him for a moment before close eyed grinning, he returned it and we began staring at them.

End of Chapter 2
————————
Aaaaaand the second chapter is done~! Hope whoever is reading this enjoyed, if not let me know what I could do to improve! Anyway, love you all~ 💕💕

- Lxvely 🥰✨