76: Everything to Lose

Okay I've been asked numerous times if there is more to this story. YES THERE IS! It is the Second Season and it is already up on my page. It's called "His Smirk" SO once you finish this chapter don't ask if I'll update or what happened to them afterwards. The answer is that the Second Season is already up. Go check it out... Rein and Kale's story does continue. Thanks and enjoy. <3 

“I love you.” Kale whispered in my ear as I woke up still in his arms from the night before. He’d been joining me every night for the past two weeks. Ever since I’d broken up with Jakeson we’d gone public and he spent every moment he could at my side.

“Good morning.” I greeted him in response, pairing it with a light kiss as before I got to my feet and walked over to open the shade. Light poured into the room and I turned around to him staring at me with a small smile on his face I’d come to love. “What is it?” I asked, flushing at the intensity of his gaze.

“I’ve always loved your nighties.” He replied with his classic Kale smirk.

I ignored his comment as my heart thudded. He always managed to get me so worked up with such simple comments. Part of me wondered if it was because I’d gotten so used to the old Kale that hearing him constantly complimenting me came as a shock.

I stretched with a slight yawn and sat on the edge of the bed looking absentmindedly out of the window. “They come home today.” I stated sounding as put out as I felt.

We had had the house to ourselves for an entire week while our parents had been picking out a good spot to hold the wedding. Surprisingly they wanted a small wedding. My heart sank. Two more weeks and we are related.

We’d gone public… just not to our parents. They didn’t know about us. How could they? We were supposed to be step brother and sister. Not boyfriend and girlfriend. Not in love. But we were.

“That’s a good thing.” Kale said under his breath and I looked up at him. How could our parents coming home possibly be a good thing? We’d have to tiptoe around the house so as not to get caught too close to each other.

“How so?” I demanded.

“You don’t miss your mom?” he asked innocently.

I looked at him a long moment before I shrugged. “I guess I miss Christine.” I said lightly. “I mean, it’s not like I see much of her anyways. So I never thought about it.”

I looked over at Kale and he gave me a smile. “Come here.” He motioned for me to come from where he lay, propping himself up on his arms so he could look at me.

I obeyed and crawled across the bed to him slowly and kissed him. My room had become our room. I couldn’t say I minded. It’s not like he’d ever treated it like it was my room in the first place. I smirked a little into the kiss before pulling away.

Kale’s eyes flashed playfully as he eyed my smirk. “Let’s take a shower.” He suggested as I pulled my body away from him again.