22: Jakeson in the Flesh

“Craving meat again?”

I turned around and gave Jared a grin as I waited for the hamburgers to be brought out. “I was starting to think you died I didn’t see you anywhere.”

“I’m at school so I might as well be dead.” He groaned.

“It’s not that bad, stop being a little first grader about it.”

“You’re the new girl, of course it is fun for you.”  I looked up at him and noticed the stressed expression on his face.

“Spill. What’s on your mind?”

He shrugged and I set the fresh hamburger on my plate and moved down to get some fruit. “Fighting an internal battle.”

“What’s the battle about?”

“Is there ever a time that you think you should tell the truth but you know that it might do more damage than lying?” he asked me.

I raised an eyebrow and paused for a mere second before we were interrupted. “Hey could you hand me an apple?” someone behind us asked and I looked over my shoulder to see a god of a boy with a rugged look and perfectly blue eyes.

“Sure.” I handed him one planning on answering Jared’s question the second after he left.

“I’ll just talk to you later.” Jared said awkwardly and left before I had a chance to say anything.

“Thanks. The name’s Jakeson by the way.” The boy said and I gave him a smile my eyes following Jared as he headed straight out of the cafeteria not bothering to sit at the table. Did I say something wrong?

“I’m Rein.” I told him politely as I set a plate of husk melon onto my tray and moved on to pay.

Would I keep lying or just tell them the truth? I mean if I knew it would end poorly by telling the truth. . .that still wouldn’t make the lie right. I thought confused as I picked up a milk and waited in the line to pay. “I’ve got it.” Jakeson caught me off guard as he scooted in front of me and gave a nod to the woman behind the cashier. “For the both of us.” He told her.

Jakeson. Oh yeah. Him. “Oh thanks.” I said as I picked up my tray and started to head for the empty table that Jared and I had sat at the day before.

“Mind if I sit with you?” he asked giving me a smile as I really looked at him for the first time. He was gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.  His rugged appearance made him all the more attractive. 

“Sure go ahead.” I set my tray on the table and took my seat. Unlike how Jared had sat across from me Jakeson took the seat beside me angling the chair so he could face me. 

Hello - Eminem