Chapter 3: This Can't Be Good

Cassio had not been home in two days since his latest contract was to kill someone outside of the city. Upon his return after eating a light meal he checked the mailbox to see if his next set of orders had arrived. Inside the mailbox he found a key with a blue tag. The blue tag had white writing on it which read:

Your package or parcel is located in compartment A. Once retrieved please place key into mail slot.

He closed his box and opened up compartment A as instructed on the key. Inside was a large, manila envelope with it addressed to his alias of Michael Cassio. This time there was a care of person addressed and the name used was his actual name: Zeki Nur. Normally when his employers send packages they used aliases only but when actual names used it meant that there was something personal sent along like photos from a party or a note regarding something.

   Zeki closed the compartment A box and headed back home. Along the way he passed by the older female he had been watching when she moved in with her family. He took a quick glance at her as he left the mailbox area and headed back into the house. Once inside he thought, 'Is she like me?' He sensed something about her but he was not sure if she had telekinetic abilities or not. Even if he did not make direct eye contact he would have felt an irritation, like a fly just flew in your face. He took a peek outside through the living room window and saw the girl head back across the street. Suddenly the girl stopped and decided to look through the window. He had been spotted. Quickly he moved out of the way and positioned himself behind the front door. He slowly moved to the next room, the study, and looked out the window there. The girl decided to go back home and he breathed a sigh of relief.

     Zeki walked into the kitchen and took out a butter knife to open the envelope. Inside the envelope was another dossier on his next target: An executive of a company that had dealings with Zeki's employer but the dealings went foul. Also inside the envelope was a note regarding a previous contract warning him the police are on his trail. Zeki's kills were usually clean but there was a chance someone spotted him. It was either that or there was someone inside that wanted to get rid of him. Whatever the reason was Zeki needed to rest. Using his powers he reached out and a bottle of vodka landed in his hand. There was not much left in the bottle but for Zeki's needs it was more than enough.

—-

Zeki did his research on the executive's daily activities with help from the information provided in the dossier. One of the activities he did was meet up with friends and coworkers at a nearby coffee shop. Zeki sat not too far from the executive in the same coffee shop. He was close enough to hear a decent conversation but far enough not to be spotted as someone eavesdropping on it. He did not hear anything of note for the past 10 to 15 minutes so he decided to browse the internet and read comments to news articles posted on Reddit.

   As Zeki took notes from both the conversation and his searches someone approached his table and sat on the chair opposite from him. The person that approached him was a man not older than Zeki but one would not know as Zeki to most people he encountered appeared to be a young, college student. The man was tall, broad-shouldered, and sported a goatee. His face almost resembled a young Ron Perlman.

            "I was expecting someone much older when they first told me about you," The man said to Zeki and spoke in German.

            Zeki neither budged nor reacted to the man. He sat there making notes on his phone and drinking coffee out of a wide-bottomed mug.

            "They're looking for you Zeki," The man continued, "especially Sylvan, the new head of the research and development division. They are not too happy about what you did to them twenty years ago."