Chapter 18: Breakout

"Jessie, what you did is okay," Chris said with his hands on Jessica's shoulders. "That guy would've killed us anyway."

        After separating from Zeki, Jessica and Chris hid in an empty office. Jessica was not strong enough to carry Chris even with an adrenaline boost so they stayed there until Chris was ready to move on his own. Not too long after finding the office Jessica heard someone follow them there. She waited until an armed man walked into the office and when it was safe for her to do so she stabbed the guy a couple of times in the throat including the carotid artery. The moment she saw blood squirt out, she froze. The guard quickly placed a hand over the cut artery but it was too late for him as he fell to the ground and bled to death. Jessica fell to her knees and stared at her hands which were shaking.

          Chris saw what happened and was a bit shocked. He did not know that Jessica had it in her to kill someone. At the same time he was not worried too much as either of them could have been captured or killed. He was concerned for Jessica's mental state, however. He crawled to Jessica and placed his hand on her shoulders. "Look at me, Jessie!" he continued to try to get through to her. "What you did was in self defense. You were scared that the guy would harm us so you defended yourself with whatever object that is you have."

        Jessica's lips quivered as she tried to say something. "Zeki he – he asked me if I was r-ready, if I was ready to kill someone if I h-had to. I told him I w-was so he would give me one of his p-piercers."

        Chris looked at Jessica's right hand and gently took the blood covered piercer from her. He spun the dagger with his finger and was impressed by it. He tried using his telekinesis to spin the dagger but instead of the dagger spinning on the ring he felt a sharp headache. "Fuck, it's still doing that!"

         "W-what's wrong?" Jessica asked. Her hands were still shaking but she decided to wipe the blood off her hands onto the sweater she took from the female guard Zeki killed outside.

        "I passed out some at point in my cell and when I woke up I would get migraines every time I tried to move things." Chris twirled the dagger with his finger and asked Jessica, "You don't mind if I hold onto this?"

        "You certain you're stable enough to use it?"

        "I've got some steam to let out. I'd like to kick Sylvan repeatedly in the nards if I ever see his face again. The asshole was my substitute teacher, can you believe it?"

        "You mean, he—"

        "Sent that assassin after me? That's him."

        "I don't think I've seen him around school much. I mean Mr. Landry's the teacher that usually monitors the lunch room and he's the school's only qualified physics teacher."

        "He might've been someone on those Grecian Five or Just for Men boxes."

        "Nah, still not familiar – oh wait I think I remember him now. He caught me texting during the liturgy service back in September. He's the one with the tiny patch of hair under his lip, right?"

        "That's him alright."

        Jessica punched the floor. She winced after lifting her fist and shaking it. "Ouch!" she let out as she was flexing her fingers. "We have got to stop that guy."

        "Do you even know where he is?" Chris asked. "As much as I want to tear him apart I'd like to get out of this place."

        "I came here with Zeki and two others," Jessica answered. "Those two obtained blueprints of the place and told us where the exits are to the place. The fastest way out is through some large office's emergency exit. Chances are we'll find the bastard there."