The girl's eyes glimpsed on Jughead for a moment who was watching the guys with a bit of a frown present on his forehead, but when he made eye contact with Betty, he managed a small smile which she was quick to return.

The blonde served him his coffee with a piece of pie he hadn't ordered, receiving a grin from Jughead when she mumbled something about having to throw it away. When Betty returned to the two boys' table, they rapidly shut up and gave her all their attention.

"So, mini Coop, got something to ask us?" Reggie smirked.

"Uh..." She pulled a confused face for a moment and cleared his throat. "You wanna order?"

"Yes, we wanna order," Reggie rolled his eyes. "Not yet though. Aren't you gonna invite us?"

"Invite you... where?" she slowly questioned, a million possibilities of what he could have been talking about running through her mind. She settled on the one that said that Reggie was just being Reggie and about to ask her out on a date by making fun of her.

"To your birthday party," Trev stated with a smile. "I mean it won't be a party without us."

The two boys smirked at each other, sharing a scheming look. Betty sighed and shook her head, "Whoever told you I was going to celebrate my birthday was wrong."

"Really?" a voice chirped behind her in unison with the arms around her shoulders. "You can't stop me."

"V," Betty sighed. "I'm not having a birthday party."

"Why not?" Archie joined the conversation, standing next to his girlfriend and smirking at Betty. "You always do."

"Cause it's stupid. I'm turning seventeen, it's not like anything special. Plus, you know I hate drinking."

"Who said something about drinking?" Reggie smirked when Archie slid into the booth, opposite of the two guys, and with a peck on Betty's cheek, Veronica joined them too.

"Doesn't take a genius," the girl rolled her eyes. "Plus you're gonna be there, so..."

"Ooh, when did the perfect girl next door get so cheeky?" Reggie teased, an amused smirk on his lips.

Betty narrowed her eyes a bit as her fingers twitched toward her palms and shook her head. "You know what? Just order. We'll talk about it later." The latter was meant directly for Veronica.

"Come on, B, my parents are in New York for the weekend. And I'll organize everything."

"Then why name it my birthday if you'd do a party anyway? It's not like anyone would care as long as there's booze and joint," she mocked, utilizing the words jocks like Reggie and Archie did, starting to get a bit upset.

"Betty, order up!"

The blonde sighed throwing her head back for a moment and walked away.

After some convincing (consisting mostly of Veronica pleading and Archie promising to have a movie night with her if she agreed), Betty reluctantly nodded at the idea of throwing a party. She knew people wouldn't care if it was her birthday or not and wondered that maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a cup of some alcohol if she didn't have to be in the center of attention.

When the four left, Veronica promising to go shopping with Betty the next day, the blonde made her way over to Jughead who had been too tired to listen to the raven-haired girl's rants and taken a quick nap in his booth (something that Archie and Reggie had made fun of, not knowing the boy with the beanie held a special place in Betty's heart).

"When's your birthday?" Jughead quietly asked, making it seem as if they were talking in a strictly professional manner, not to attract anyone's attention.