elder wands

Rose ran through the hallways, screaming Harry's name. She paused to think of where Harry might go, and she remembered Snape's last moment. With a gasp, she ran up to Dumbledore's office, throwing open the door to see the pensieve out, but no Harry. With a panicked whine, Rose ran back to the Enterance Hall, bumping into Neville.

"What's wrong?" Neville asked as he held Rose's shoulders to steady her. Neville was dusty and his face had a large gash on it, but he seemed okay over all.

"Harry's missing," Rose said. Neville's eyes widened as he let out a curse.

"Why would he tell me to kill the snake?" Neville asked. Rose let out a stream of curses as she sank to the floor, clutching her chest as her heart felt like it would burst out.

"Rose, what's happening?" Neville asked as he kneeled in front of her.

"He went to Voldemort," Rose said through her tears. "He's going to the Forbidden Forest."

Neville stared at Rose in shock as he ran his hands through his hair.

"What do we do?" Neville asked.

"I have to go after him," Rose said as she tried to stand.

"That's not happening," Neville said as he scooped Rose up and threw her over his shoulder, ignoring her as she yelled and hit him.

"Thank Merlin," Sirius sighed when he saw Neville and Rose.

"Put me down!" Rose screamed through her sobs.

"Sure," Neville said as he put her down. Rose was so weak that she fell into her father's chest as she continued to sob.

"Neville, what happened?" Alice asked.

"Harry went into the Forbidden Forest," Neville admitted. The adults immediately started cursing and panicking.

"Cedric, help," Sirius said as he passed Rose to the boy so that the adults could plan.

"It's going to be okay," Cedric soothed.

"No, it's not," Rose sobbed. "He's going to die, and I could've stopped him."

"Harry's a strong boy. He'll be okay," Cedric said, but his voice was wavering.

"What do you mean he left?" Ron yelled, his eyes wide as he looked at James.

"Don't yell at me," James hissed.

"Don't argue," Sirius sighed. "We need to focus on a plan."

"We have to go after Harry," Hermione said, tears flowing down her face.

"If we go running into the forest, we'll be slaughtered," Kingsley said. "We need a way to draw them here."

"Give me to them," Rose said, trying to calm her tears.

"No way," Sirius said immediately. "We're not doing that."

"We don't have another choice!" Rose argued.

"I'm not losing you again," Marlene said strongly. Rose let out a groan of frustration at the whole situation as her mind raced. She didn't have much time to think when Voldemort's cold voice filled the hall once more.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself as you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone."

A dull ringing filled Rose's ears. She was completely numb as she stared into the air, not seeing anything.

"The battle is won. You have lost half your men. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is dead. There is no more war. Anyone who resists will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle and kneel before me, and you shall be spared. You will be forgiven and you will help us rebuild the wizarding world."