5. break-ins

The next week went by slowly for Lyn. Hermione and Ron had begun to fight because of their pets hating each other, which made it awkward to hang out with them, separately and together. Instead, Lyn chose to spend her time with Harry or Cedric. Hermione had also upset Lavender Brown over a prediction of Trelawney's that kind of came true, and this made the dorm room awkward as they all shared it. By Saturday, Lyn was glad for the break.

Lyn, Hermione, and Ron were all walking down to leave for Hogsmeade when a voice interrupted them. Harry was walking with them, but he didn't have his form signed, so he would be staying at the castle.

"Lyn? Where are you going?" Remus asked, straying from his path. He had papers in his hands and Lyn assumed he was on the way to grade them.

"To Hogsmeade," Lyn said.

"I never signed your form," Remus told her slowly, glancing at her friends, who all had awkward looks on their faces.

"I figured that since you're a teacher here I could go without a form. They all know you're my godfather," Lyn responded with a shrug. Her friends hung back a little, feeling uncomfortable.

"I didn't sign the form for a reason," Remus replied sternly. Lyn glared up at him with disbelief and the trio slowly backed even further away, understanding that what was happening didn't involve them. However, other students seemed to notice the tension and stopped to stare.

"Let's go back to my office," Remus sighed, noticing the interest of the other students.

"No, I'm going to Hogsmeade," Lyn retorted angrily. Ever since Cedric told her about the village, she had wanted to go.

"No, you're not. Now let's go before I send you to stay with grandpa Lyall for the rest of your life," Remus threatened, quiet enough that only the students closest to them could hear. Lyn strongly disliked Remus' dad, as he was old and strange.

"Fine," Lyn hissed, stomping up the hill with a tired Remus behind her. Students stood to the side as they passed, everyone whispering to each other about what just happened. As soon as they got up to the office, Lyn slammed the door and turned around.

"Why can't I go to hogsmeade?" Lyn yelled. She felt as if she was already barely a part of the group, and she wanted to be closer. Going to Hogsmeade was a way to get close to Hermione and Ron, and Harry, even though he wouldn't be there.

"It's not safe and I already told you that you weren't to leave this castle without permission," Remus replied much calmer. This made Lyn scoff.

"Well that rule is dumb. Also, how is it not safe? It's not like Sirius Black is out to get me!" Lyn replied, remembering how scared everyone is of the mass murderer.

"He might be!" Remus shouted and Lyn went quiet and stared at her godfather in shock, knowing he wouldn't say something like that unless it held some truth in it.

"Why?" She asked, her eyes wide. Remus froze, knowing he said too much.

"Forget what I said. It's not important."

"How am I supposed to forget that?! Why would he be after me?"

"He wouldn't! Forget it, and don't try to go to Hogsmeade again. You're not to leave this campus. That's my orders and Dumbledore's. Now go to your common room," Remus said, trying to stay calm. Lyn stared at him in shock and betrayal.

"You can't hide stuff from me forever," Lyn said coldly before storming out of the room. Remus sighed and decided to walk around the campus, assuming that she would listen to him, as she typically was well behaved.