2. first day

When Lyn woke up, she almost didn't get out of bed. Living with Moony, they didn't have that much money. She had a bed, but it was older and not very comfortable, unlike the bed at Hogwarts, which was perfect. She had never been more comfortable in her whole life.

"Lyn, breakfast is in 10 minutes," A voice said, finally making Lyn groan and get up, muttering a thanks to Hermione, who nodded and informed her that she was going to wait in the common room for her. Lyn rushed around and left the room in 8 minutes. She rounded the stairs and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione waiting there for her.

"Good morning," Lyn muttered and everyone replied with more enthusiasm. Lyn was not used to waking up this early and she was never really a morning person in the first place. The four walked down to the Great Hall with Lyn lagging behind due to how tired she was and the fact that she barely knew them and she didn't want to overstep any. As they entered the Great Hallz Lyn made eye contact with Moony and walked over to him, not noticing the Slytherins mocking Harry for passing out on the train the night before.

"Hello Lyn. How are you?" Moony asked.

"I'm good. I need to talk to you, though. The hat said something and-"

"Not right now, Lyn," Moony cut her off, a stern look on his face and an edge to his voice.

"You should go to the table with your friends," He said with a pointed look. Lyn walked off with a huff, missing the look Remus and Dumbledore sent each other.

"Lyn, there you are. Professor Mcgonagall gave us your schedule. You have all the same classes as us," Harry told her, a slight blush on his cheeks. Lyn nodded in thanks and looked at her packed schedule. Ron examined Hermione's schedule and his eyes grew wide.

"Hermione! They've messed up your schedule. They have you down for 10 classes a day. There's not enough time!" Ron exclaimed, causing Hermione to retort angrily. Lyn just stared at the two in shock as they continued to bicker.

"They do this all the time. You'll get used to it," Harry told her.

"They're very loud," Lyn responded, an almost pained look on her face. Harry chuckled and was about to respond when a loud voice interrupted him.

"Hello! You guys will be in my first ever lesson! Right after lunch! I've been finding some real cool stuff to show you. Can you believe it? Me as a teacher!" Hagrid, the man from the night before who had guided the first years, said to them before walking over to the staff table. Lyn assumed that he was close with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Wonder what he's been finding?" Ron questioned, looking nervous.

"Hagrid is always finding crazy and dangerous stuff," Hermione told Lyn upon seeing her confused face.

"We better go. Divination is at the top of the north tower," Ron said. The four stood up and Lyn purposefully ignored Moony's wave. The four climbed up what seemed like thousands of stairs as they searched for the room, but they couldn't find it.

"I think we're lost," Lyn stated, slightly anxious to be late for her first class and because she was lost in place she had never been to before.

"Here. Let's ask this painting. He might know," Harry said.

"Do you know where the Divination room is?" Harry asked a painting of a knight and a fat horse.

"A quest! Follow me!" The painting responded. Lyn was left confused, not knowing that all paintings could talk. Harry turned around and beckoned her to follow. After around 5 minutes of the portrait being overenthusiastic about the "quest", they came to a door for the Divination room.