ferrets

The three friends were soon joined by Hermione and they trekked their way to the entrance hall. Hermione was teasing Ron about not having any homework and Rose started to consider dropping Divination for Arithmancy when a voice distracted her.

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!"

The quartet turned and saw Draco standing there with a newspaper in his hands, Crabbe and Goyle flanking his sides.

"Want more antlers?" Rose asked. Draco smeered at her but turned to Ron instead.

"Your father's in the paper," Draco informed the red head before he started reading the article. Rita Skeeter didn't even properly name Mr. Weasley, calling him Arnold instead of Arthur.

"Imagine not even getting the name right," Draco laughed. By this point everyone in the entrance hall was listening to Draco, who continued to read the paper. Apparently Mr. Weasley had had troubles when Professor Moody called him, needing help. The ministry had to alter some memories because of Moody's false alarm.

"And there's a picture!" Draco announced as he flipped the paper around. "Your family standing around a house-if you could even call it that. Your mother could do with losing some weight, don't you think?"

"I think you looked great with antlers, don't you think?" Rose seethed. Malfoy took a step back. Rose could practically feel Ron shaking with fury behind her.

"Shove off, Malfoy. Come on, Ron, Rose," Harry said, guiding his friends into the great hall and away from Draco.

"That's right, you spent time there over the summer. Tell me, is his mother as porky as she is in the picture?" Malfoy questioned with a laugh. Rose, Harry and Hermione had to grab Ron to keep him from launching at Draco, but Rose was inclined to let him go.

"You know your mother, Malfoy... the expression she has, like she has sung under her nose, does she always look like that or is it just cause you were there?" Harry retorted. Rose masked her laugh with her hand as Malfoy's face turned pink.

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter," Malfoy said softly, anger coating his voice.

"Keep your fat mouth shut then," Harry retorted, turning around. Rose glanced back at Draco to see him shooting a spell at Harry. In a split second, Harry was pushed to the side and Rose was blasted back.

"Ro-Lyn!" Hermione yelled, rushing to her side. Rose panted but sat up and saw Harry and Ron with their wands pointed at Malfoy, who looked a little scared. Before either boy could do anything, a yell distracted them.

"OH, NO YOU DON'T LADDIE!"

Professor Moody hurried down the steps with his wand out. Within seconds, Draco was a pure white ferret. Despite the pain in her side, Rose let out a laugh. Moody turned around to the quartet, but his wand was still on Malfoy.

"Did he get you?" Moody asked Harry.

"No, R-Lyn pushed me out of the way. I think she needs to go to the hospital wing," Harry said. Rose could already feel herself healing, but didn't say anything. She acted as if she was still in pain as to not draw suspicion.

"I see...LEAVE IT!" Moody said, not looking away from Harry and Rose.

"Leave...what?" Harry asked.

"Not you, him," Moody growled. Rose looked and saw Goyle trying to grab ferret Draco. Apparently Moody's fake eye could see through his head. Moody finally started to walk towards the ferret, who quickly started to run away.

"No you don't!" Moody said with a cold laugh, pointing his wand at the ferret, which soared high in the air before landing back on the ground.

"I don't like people who attack others when their back is turned or they don't have their wand! Stinking, cowardly thing to do..." Moody growled, still bouncing the ferret.