fireplace conversations

The next two weeks were stressful for Rose. She, and Harry, had come to terms with being champions, but the first task was coming closer and closer. Both teens were stressed, but knew there was little to be done about it. The most stressful part was not being able to write to Remus or her mum. Rose had recently decided to start wearing the matching necklace to the one she gave her mum and she found that it almost always glowed, meaning that her mum was thinking of her. It gave Rose comfort to think about how loved she was.

Rita Skeeter published the article for the Triwizard Tournament and it was full of lies. She only focused on Harry and Rose to the point where Fleur and Viktor had their names spelled wrong and Cedric wasn't even mentioned. Harry and Rose felt shame any time they thought about the article. They also had to deal with taunts as Rita had written that they had gotten in a screaming match with each other and had broken up, even though they had never been dating in the first place.

"Snuffles is going to kill me," was the first thing Harry said when he read the article. Rose had shoved his shoulder but silently agreed with him. Rita had written that Harry had accused Rose of cheating and being a murderer. Obviously, it was all a lie.

The Slytherins all taunted Harry, although most left Rose alone. She had a feeling that was due to Draco.

"Need a hanky, Potter?" The Slytherins would tease. Rita wrote that Harry would break down crying randomly. If anything she should've written that about Rose. She was happy for the most part, but she would sometimes get really quiet and separate herself from her friends. She would go to the astronomy tower and try not to cry. Draco would almost always be up there too to comfort her.

Hermione had also been criticized in the article. Colin Creevey had apparently given a small interview and had mentioned that she was always with Harry and Rose. Rita had described her as stunningly pretty, and that was probably the only thing in the whole article that was correct.

"Her? Stunningly pretty? What was she judged against, a chipmunk?" Pansy shrieked as Hermione, Harry and Rose walked by.

"Keep walking Rose, Harry." Hermione hissed under her breath. Rose kept walking but sent a spell her way that caused her legs to lock up. Pansy's shrieks caused Snape to walk over.

"Hmmm...Black, you can join Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley in detention," Snape said before freeing Pansy's legs. Rose let out a huff. Hermione had been trying to convince them to talk to Ron, but both denied her requests. They weren't in the wrong, he was. Harry and Rose did miss Ron, despite the lies they told Hermione.

Instead of focusing on all the negative thoughts, Rose and Harry found themselves in the library more. The only negative thing was that Viktor Krum and his horde of fangirls would also be there.

"Ok, that's it!" Rose whispered as she stood up and walked to where Krum was sitting. "Look, Krum, you seem like a really nice guy but some of us need to study so please spend your time somewhere else so your fangirls will stop distracting us."

"Oh, I'm very sorry. I...I'm just here to
...it's very embarrassing, but I'm trying to get the courage to ask out your friend, Hermione," Krum admitted, his cheeks pink. Rose stared at him for a second before she burst out laughing.

"You, international quidditch star, don't have the guts to ask out Hermione, one of the nicest people ever?" Rose said. The librarian had sent her a sharp glare, but Rose paid her no mind.

"I know, I know. Just, please, don't tell her. Maybe just...mention me and make me sound good. I'll do anything," Krum pleaded.

"Hmm...let's see. Leave the library so that we can study and you have a deal," Rose said. Krum shook her hand before gathering his things and leaving, the trail of whispering and giggling girls following after him.