lifelong bans

The next two weeks were rough for Rose. She would stumble back to her common room feeling weak and sleep all night. Her healing powers were constantly trying to fix her hand, but they barely worked. Rose barely got her homework done and her grades were showing it.

The DA was also taking up her time. She would help Harry plan the next meeting and what they would be doing, but Rose couldn't always attend the meetings. Umbridge would sometimes hold her for so long that Rose didn't have time to go, or she was too tired to go. Rose didn't feel like she was learning anything new, and it added to her feelings of frustration and her new feelings of self-loathing.

Hermione had devised a way for the DA to communicate: a galleon that can be changed to show the next meeting date. She used a Protean Charm to do it, much to the surprise of everyone. The charm was very advanced, but Hermione had done it. The idea for the galleons came from the Death Eater marks, and Rose almost laughed when Hermione told her due to the irony.

November came and brought with it cold winds and freezing rain. Rose was not excited to have to watch the first quidditch game in the weather, but Harry had sent her a pleading look and she agreed, which is how she found herself sitting at the Gryffindor table much earlier than she wanted, wearing a sweater with Harry's last name and number on it.

"I must've been mental to do this," Ron croaked. "Mental."

Rose rolled her eyes at how overdramatic the boy was being. Ron wasn't eating and he was staring at the table with fear in his eyes instead.

"Don't be thick," Harry said as he handed Ron some cereal. "You're going to be fine. Being nervous is normal."

"I'm rubbish," Ron croaked. "I'm lousy. I can't play to save my life. What was I thinking?"

"Get a grip," Harry demanded. "Think of the save you made with your foot the other day. Even Fred and George said it was brilliant!"

"That was an accident," Ron admitted, whispering so that no one else could hear. "I slipped off my broom when you guys weren't watching and when I was trying to get back on my foot hit the ball."

"Well," Harry said after he got over his shock. Rose had to fight not to laugh at Harry's shocked face. "Make more mistakes like that and the game is in the bag."

"How're you feeling?" Ginny asked as she sat down, Hermione with her. Ron was staring at the milk in his cereal bowl as if debating on whether or not to drown himself in it.

"He's just nervous," Harry told her.

"Well, that's just fine," Hermione assured Ron.

"Hello."

Rose couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her mouth when she turned around and saw Luna Lovegood. The girl was wearing a hat with a realistic lion on it.

"I'm supporting Gryffindor," Luna explained, her voice as mystic and dreamy as ever. "Look what it does-"

Luna pointed her wand at the hat and it let out a very loud roar. Everyone in the Great Hall jumped, but Luna didn't seem to notice as she smiled dreamily.

"It's good, isn't it?" Luna asked. "I wanted to make it chew up a snake but there wasn't enough time. Anyways...good luck, Ronald."

Luna walked away as everyone stared at her in shock.

"I like her," Rose decided as she turned around and started eating a chocolate chip muffin.

"Boys," Angelina said as she walked over, Katie and Alicia behind her."When you're ready go straight down to the pitch."