𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Y/n's pov

Hisoka and I were making our way to the Hunter exam when he suddenly tugged on the right sleeve of my shirt. "N/n, are you sure you wanna take the hunter exam? You don't have to," he asked me. "Wouldn't it be fun? And the last time you went without me, you murdered 20 examiners. I'm gonna have to stop you aren't I?" I said with a smirk. "Well I suppose you are right. Well then, let's head inside," he said as we entered the restaurant. "Welcome," said the chef. "I'd like an illuminating steak set lunch, for two." My brother said. "And how would you like it cooked?" The chef asked. "Grilled with low heat and roasted carefully until it's well done," my brother responded. "Alright you may take your seats," the man said whilst continuing on with his cooking.

I followed my brother to a hallway with a door, he opened the door and there was a room with two chairs. "Bubs, what are we doing here?" I asked Hisoka. He chuckled and said, "This is going to take us down to the exam, N/n," he said, still chuckling. "Ah- eheh.." I said slightly giggling at myself not noticing sooner. The room then starts going down. After a while, the door opens to reveal a crowd of people. A small, green, bean like man gives us tags to put on. Big brothers tag was labeled #44 mine was labeled #45.

I looked around at the participants, and sighed, as they looked but probably weren't even that tough. "What's wrong, N/n?" big brother asked, most likely noticing my disappointed facial expression. "I came here to have fun, but everyone seems so weak!" I said with a pout on my face. "It's okay N/n, there's only 43 people other than us at the moment, I'm sure there's more people coming that may be to your liking," he said with a smile and pat my head, and I returned the smile.

I decided to sit in a corner and take a short 15 minute nap while everyone else was coming. I make my way to a corner, lean on the wall, sit, and slowly drift off to sleep. 15 minutes later and I wake up, since I've trained myself to sleep for short periods of time. As if on cue, someone comes out of the door big brother and I came out of, the bean man handed him his tag and he put it on, the tag being labeled #99. I look around and realize there's more people than before. I go back to looking at #99 who just came in. He was a boy, silver, fluffy seeming hair, royal blue and cat-like eyes, and he was wearing a navy blue turtle neck, a slightly lighter shade of lilac t-shirt, ucla blue (I had to look it up-) shorts, and purple boots (apparently his shoes are boots). I was instantly mesmerized and found him interesting.

I decided to take a closer look to examine him further, and so I got up and walked over to him. Once I got closer to him he almost immediately looked at me with those mesmerizing eyes of his, and a bored expression. I looked at him and determined he was about my age, fairly lean under his baggy clothes, and tough, much tougher than other participants I've seen so far. I grinned and then walked away. I looked back while walking and he had a slightly baffled expression, I looked forward again, and giggled to myself.

A few minutes later I bump into some dude. "I'm sorry about that miss! Ah.. my names Tonpa, and you?" He asked. "Well, hello there Tonpa," I started with a grin, "My name's Y/n." He pulled out a can of orange juice. "Cheers to friendship!" He cheered. I grinned and took it. "Thanks Tonpa, I was getting thirsty!" I said, faking the happiness in my voice as I proceeded to drink the juice with closed eyes. He smirked and I opened my eyes the moment he did, and smirked, which baffled him and caused him to go wide eyed. I finished drinking the juice and threw it behind me. "You know, laxative and orange juice taste funny when put together~" I cooed while walking away from him.

A while later, I'm with my big brother and there's more than 400 participants now. A group of people come in from the doors and receive their tags, #403, #404, and #405. They also looked somewhat interesting, but weren't really to my liking like #99 was, so I didn't pay much attention to them. I looked back at big brother, and someone bumped into him and kept walking as if nothing had happened. I furrowed my eyebrows at their rudeness but then their arm started becoming beautiful red flowers and the guy started screaming in pain and surprise. My eyes widened and sparkled at the beautiful sight and unconsciously had a wide smile on my face. Big brother pat me on the head and smiled, since he probably noticed I was angry when the guy bumped into him, and so I just smiled back.