19|Secrets.

Jacksons Pov

          I walked over to the broom closet, I sighed as I grabbed my broom "Hey you ready?" Maria asked me, I turned around and nodded not saying anything. She then grabbed her broom too "How did you sleep?" she asked me, I wasn't in the mood to chat but I wasn't going to be rude "Eh" I replied. She nodded "Same, we better not take our time though, we gotta go before Roger gets mad at us" Maria said running ahead of me. I exited the broom closet seeing girls whispering to each other as they would glance at me, I assumed they must have thought I was attractive or something so I didn't pay much attention to them. 

I made it to the field, I sighed as I kicked off the ground "Finally you showed up" Roger said with an attitude I hated. I rolled my eye's and made my way over to the hoops "Alright I want a good morning practice! We have a game later today with Gryffindor!" I heard Roger announce. I looked up, seeing the protective see through shield to protect us from Scar Cipher or better said the dementors, he still wasn't caught but it was technically impossible to find him he could become anything. I started to actually pay attention to the practice were doing "Pass!" I heard Maria yell, I watched as Maria passed the quaffle over to Ava Garcia. Ava then started to make her way over to me, I gripped onto the broom handle reassuring myself that I wont fall. She then threw the ball at me, I did a quick spin and hit the quaffle back with the end of my broom, Ava looked at me shocked and I just smirked smugly. 

          I yawned, placing the broom back into the closet, I felt thrilled to know I wont have to play till later today. I started to make my way down the hallway "Hey" Logan said walking up on my left "Hi" I replied. We started to chat about our up coming tests, apparently he started going out with a boy named Jaden Arendew "So you're telling me you don't like anyone?" he asked me. I shrugged "Not my biggest issue at the moment" I said honestly as I entered the great hall for breakfast. He looked at me surprised but nodded "Okay, thats cool, smart choice" Logan said while taking a seat and grabbing some toast. I started to dish myself out with some toast and grapes "How has Jeremiah been?" he asked, I shrugged "Better, Merla doesn't bother him anymore so thats a plus" I said while biting into my toast. 

Karina's Pov

        "She's been acting weird" Kaity said while glancing at Odalys, I nodded agreeing "Right, maybe shes, sick or something" Kaity shook her head "No no she's being weird, she stares with a creepy smile sometimes. I woke up to her at the foot of my bed" she said getting the chills. I then glanced at Odalys, she was already looking at me with that emotionless stare, Kaity realized her stares "We should ask the headmaster if he could check on her" she said while dragging me out of the room. Kaity and I started to make our way towards the headmasters office, on our way there we ran into head mistress Professor McGonagall "Hello girls, is there a problem?" she asked. Kaity and I shared a glance then looked back at her "Yes ma'am, one of our roommates started to act weird, her name is Odalys Garcia and shes a first year like us" I explained. McGonagall sighed at looked at the two young ladies "How has she been acting?" she asked while holding her hands together, Kaity scanned the room before she spoke "She's been staring at us for long periods of time and smiling weirdly-" McGonagall stopped her mid sentence "When you wake up does she appear above your bed with the same smile and stare?" she asked in a stern tone. Kaity's eyes widened as she asked that question, McGonagall caught on that what she was describing was indeed something Kaity had experience "Right, ladies if you will, enjoy the rest of your day we'll see whats wrong with miss Garcia" and with that McGonagall left them.

            Dinner time soon came around, Odalys was no where to be seen and it was getting awfully close to curfew "Karina!" I heard someone call me. I turned around to see Raina and Kaity running towards me "Is everything alright?" I asked, they shared a glance and shook their heads "No, we figured out what was wrong with Odalys" Raina said. I waited for them to share the news but they were then cut off by Professor Dumbledoor, we all shared our attention towards the elderly man. He cleared his throat "Evening students, as some of you know a surprise has come to our attention today, some of you have heard a rumor that Scar Cipher has been in this very castle, and I wont sit and here and lie like the head counsel would like me too." he said before taking a deep breath "The rumors some of you may have heard, were indeed correct, Scar Cipher was taken into custody today, he impersonated a young girl named Odalys Garcia. Luckily this was brought to our attention in time, because if it wasn't so we could have lost not one but two students" he said holding his hands together. Kaity and I sat there dumbfounded. we couldn't believe what was happening "We've been sleeping in a room...with a killer?" Raina said seeming a bit in shock. 

              The evening was coming to an end, Odalys was in good care once they found her, apparently he was hiding her inside the weeping willow tree. She wasn't going to return to classes anytime soon and the test we were supposed to take were pushed forwards a week. I entered the common room, it was quiet but not unsettling "Hey" I heard, I turned around to see a young boy, he has short brown curly hair and was fairly tall "Hello?" I said more of a question then a greeting. He held his hand out "Can I take you somewhere? I promise to take you back in time for curfew" he said with a smile. Before I answered, I took a look at his robes, they were green, a slytherin "How do I know this isn't some prank?" I said backing up a bit. He nodded and chuckled a bit "I promise it isn't, now please?" he said gesturing to his hand again. There was a small voice in the back of my head telling me not to trust him, but he didn't seem to give off a threatening vibes. I reached my hand out and took his hand, he then started to run out of the common room, I shrieked a bit out of shock "Wait!" I called out, but he kept running. 

We kept running until we were at a balcony "Right, I'm Cusieque" he said trying to catch his breath, I laughed a bit "Karina, you should have started with that" I say while also introducing myself. We soon caught our breath "Today has been hectic huh" he said while leaning on the railing that was barely in contact with the tower. I then realized were we were, we were standing in the astronomy tower "So how is being the girl that shared a room with Scare Cipher?" he asked while viewing the moon. I wasn't sure how to answer to that, I leaned on the railing he was leaning on but instead of facing the outdoors I was leaning on my back. I looked at him, he stared back into my eye's "Well, before we knew, it was odd. 'Odalys' wasn't acting normal she just stared or she watch us when you'd least expect it" I said breaking eye contact and looking at the floor. Cusieque seemed to be uncomfortable, his jaw clenched "So, he was weird? so what maybe he was trying to fit and see how it was like to have a childhood or maybe to see how it was living a normal life" he said rambling on and on, basically defending what Scar had done. I didn't know what to say, he left me speechless "I never thought I'd see him again" Cusieque then blurted out, I looked back at him. He didn't look back this time, instead he continued to stare out into the wildlife "What do you mean...again?" I asked putting a bit of distance between us. 

That gabbed his attention "You don't know?" he said getting off the railing and turned his whole body to face me "I. I don't understand why you want me here" I finally said getting off the railing completely. He sighed and leaned back on the railing, running his hands through his curls "Scar Cipher is my father." he said before giving me a final glance. I stood there in shock, Cusieque was Scar's son, meaning he could carry the same power his father has, he seemed to notice my uneasiness "I'm not going to hurt you, if that's what you're worried about" he said getting off the railing and hugging me. I stood there not knowing what to do, I slowly wrapped my arms around him for a bit of comfort "I'm sorry" he said as he started to sob "It's okay...Why are you crying?" I asked needing to better understand the situation "Because, no one can know this secret" he said. The last thing I remembered was Cusieque tightening his grip on me "I had to let it out" he said as he leaned back through the gaping opening between the railing and wall "This is for the best" he said as he jumped, taking him and I into the air, falling.