CHAPTER 35: Clueless

JAMES

After giving Moni a few sermons for his unexpected proposal, I called Andrew to watch over him and give him a milkshake. He was now seated at one of the other booths, explaining something to Andrew. I can't believe he just asked that chipmunk to marry him.

I turned around and took a seat next to Jack. We were seated at a circle type booth so we had plenty of space. On the middle part of the booth was Sandra and Emi while in front of us were Donny and Chip.

Before we could order anything, Sandra was already explaining to us what our History project was. We had to visit fifteen historical places in Britain and make a bunch of written reports on interesting things about them. Britain was a large country, finding those kinds of places was as easy as ABC. The problem was that we had to travel to God only knew how far just to take a few of pictures and list down a bunch of things like a group of high school students. It was a simple but stupid project.

"Did he really say fifteen?" I asked.

"Yeah, didn't you read the email?" Sandra replied.

"I did but I forgot. Fifteen is too much. We've got more important things to do. I mean, unlike some of you, I have trainings to attend to."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a pooper, James. It's not like we're going to all these fifteen places in one day. This project is for the whole semester. We can go to three to four places every month. Besides, we have the summer break, so there's plenty of time."

"Right now, we just have to decide another meeting place. We are gonna have to meet at least once a week to discuss and plan things out and we can't keep coming here. There's too much distractions. And before you guys decide, my house isn't available. My granny doesn't like people coming over," she continued.

"Woah, you're already saying a lot and we haven't even decided who's the leader yet," Jack said.

"Haven't your tiny brain noticed it yet? Me! It's me! I'm the leader!"

"What?! Nonsense! We haven't voted yet!"

"There's no need for that. I already volunteered."

"To yourself, you did. This is unacceptable. I'm not about to have you as the leader."

The rest of us were quietly watching their aggressive exchange. Donny was grinning, completely amused by them.

"I say Eli should be the leader," Jack said.

"What?" "No way." Sandra and I said in unison.

Donny's lips pressed together as he nodded with his eyes closed. Emi did the same.

"No, thank you," Chip said.

I sighed. Sandra smiled really wide.

"Good choice, Eli," she said.

Agreed!

"Emi?" Jack looked at Emi, pleadingly.

Emi simply shook her head no.

"James." He turned to me.

I looked away as if I didn't hear him. I was fine with Sandra as leader. She was the kind of person who loved to do almost all of the work and likes to plan ahead of time. Plus, she was a writer for the university papers. She was used to stuff like this. She would know what to do. And I would rather follow her than this arrogant Chipmunk.