CHAPTER 17: Nicholas

Hey guys! So chapters 17 and 18 will be point of views from Nicholas and Emi. These will probably be the longest povs of these characters in the whole story....

*****************************************

Nicholas

"I said that's enough, Noah!" I yelled but Noah didn't seem to hear me. He was way too intoxicated. Earlier this afternoon, we were having a try-out for the football team and Noah came. He wanted to congratulate some of the new members and I saw no problem with it, even though I knew he was just checking out how good our new members were. We went to the club and had a few drinks, I had a few drinks. Noah, on the other hand, was having way too much fun. I kept reminding him he should take it easy because he had serious aggressive drinking habits. Even Jonah joined me in persuading him but he wouldn't budge.

After the club, Jonah suggested we take him some place where he can get something to sober him up, a coffee or anything. Ri-Vi was just a few blocks away. It might be not be a complete pub by night - for some reason the place turned more into a bar - but surely they would still serve coffee. When we entered I immediately regretted it. I didn't think James would be here given the news about his grandfather.

James was my teammate, one of the best players on the team, and he was dating my sister Lucy. But I was never in favour of this.

I groaned when Noah pushed me. I met the ground and immediately felt tiny stings on my arm. I fell right on the pieces of the shattered bottle Noah was holding. I ignored the pain and told Jonah and the rest to stop Noah. I stood up and looked around. Where were the guards? Why isn't anybody helping?

I turned back and that was when I noticed a girl. She had her arms crossed as she watched the sight in front of her with entertainment. Her chest popped every few seconds producing tiny squeaks from her mouth.

"What are you doing?! Get behind me!" I whipped my head when I heard James yell. I saw that he was looking at the girl.

"Elina, come here!" Bennet's sister yelled after.

The girl, Elina, didn't listen. I dashed forward when I saw Noah raising the bottle attempting to attack but someone held me back.

"Don't. Noah could hit you instead," Jonah said.

"Let go! We brought him here to sober up not to stab somebody," I took his hands off and was about to walk but all I could do was halt. My eyebrows pulled together confused. The broken bottle disappeared from Noah's hand and was now in Elina's. She was saying something but I couldn't quite decipher what they were.

"Watch ou-"I was about to say and reach back again for Noah when he was about to throw his fist but I stopped on my track for the second time. My eyes followed every movement that occurred in front of me. James' eyes widening, Bennet and his sister bumping into each other, the manager dropping the telephone he was holding, Noah charging for a punch and Elina slamming a tray to his very drunk face. Just like that, Noah fell to the floor.

I stood on my spot astounded. My gaze refused to leave the strange girl. She walked passed me smiling as she grabbed a can of coke. She held it up and yelled, "Grazie!"

She walked forward again and joined the crowd. I hadn't noticed the crowd going wild and shouting and dancing. I even forgot about Noah. For some reason I was stuck staring at her.

I snapped out of my trance when I saw two officers enter. One of them was a woman with blond hair tied in a neat bun. Her eyes widened at the chaotic bar. Then, she spotted the state we were in. She and her partner pushed their way through the crazy throng. And soon they stood in front of us.