32

Ok, I lied. I'm actually really upset that John is still out. But I have to forgive him. So I stupidly made a deal with Detective Gates. He's going to let me go see him at a park with 5 police officers. I asked if I could bring someone and he agreed to let me bring Caleigh, Janice and Anna. Jeanette wasn't comfortable with the situation. I can't blame her.When we pull up to the park, and I see him sitting there at the bench, I start shaking. Oh my God. What am I doing?I notice Caleigh and Janice squint their eyes out the window.I blow it off and exit the car. His back is turned and when I walk up, I'm bold and I tap his shoulder. The cops take a step closer. They've been told about me.He turns around and has a smirk on his face. I was about to say something when Caleigh and Janice both start crying and covered their mouths with their hands. Caleigh is shaking like she's terrified. Janice is frozen. What happened?The cops walk closer to us. Before I even know what's happening, Caleigh attacks John and I'm being pulled away by a cop. I'm not even doing anything! I'm tossed in the car with Anna and they drive us away. I turn to look out the window and Janice is on the ground. She looks to be crying and Caleigh is being held down by three cops.What just happened!? I'm bouncing my leg when Detective Gates walks in. Now that I think about it, I always do this when i'm nervous or anxious. He drops a folder on the metal desk. He looks exhausted."What's wrong?" I ask sitting up."That John..." he starts. Detective Gates looks me in the eyes. "He raped your two friends."My hand flies to my mouth. My eyes brim with tears. "Are you serious?""All the DNA matches up. He's been doing this for awhile. A lot more young ladies stepped up in just this past hour." I can't believe my ears. "He's being arrested now. He's going to our top prison.""What about his partner?""No one knows where he is."I'm not even mad. Although that John guy didn't rape me, a lot of women got closure today. I'm walking through the lobby and I see girls as young as 11 standing there confused. I look away. I can't watch anymore. It's too disgusting to think he did such things to such young girls. This world is screwed up. I get into the waiting car. I'm surprised to see Janice and Caleigh there."How are you guys out?""After the shock and breakdown, we realized that he's behind bars. For life. We got closure."I turn around in my seat to face the front. I'm sitting shotgun. As the police officer drives to our meeting, I think. I turn around and face them. "Do you guys think it was fate for us to meet and become friends? Think about it. We all were somehow connected to John and we all ended up in the same counsel meetings. We became friends. I wanted to move on and meet him and I coincidentally bought you guys. All this happened for a reason."They look at eachother. "Yeah. I think so." Caleigh says."Without you, we... none of those girls would've spoken up." Janice says.I'm happy they got closure. I feel really good.On the drive there, I couldn't help but think...My guy is still out there. Maybe doing the same thing to another girl.