CH. 2

Shaun >>>>>>>We arrive and as you could expect, there's drinks and food everywhere.Adrian comes up to us. 'Hey guys." he says smiling at us. He hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I do the same. He does the same thing to Jeanette.Adrian, Jeanette and I have known eachother since kindergarten. We're inseparable. Shaun got added to our group in 5th grade. I just started liking him in 7th. It's been the four of us ever since. So it's not weird that he kisses our cheeks.I actually think Jeanette and Adrian would be the cutest couple. They just both don't see it yet. Or won't admit it.It'd be the best thing if all four of us ended up with eachother."Oh, Hailey. Shaun is looking for you." Adrian tells me. This makes my heart skip a beat. He puts his arm around Jeanette and they hold hands. With his free hand he grabs a drink and they walk off. I don't get how they act like a couple and not be one!I look for Shaun for about an hour and a half. I check my phone. It's 11:30. I have to leave at 12:30 curfew and i'm getting bummed that I don't see him. I didn't look for him the whole time. I did have conversations with other people but could barely focus. I just wanted to find Shaun.Just as I give up hope, he sneaks up behind me."Hey!" he shouts. We hug eachother."I've been looking for you everywhere!" I shout back."Same!" I can barely hear him over the music. "Want to go somewhere quiet?"I just shrug. The only thing I caught was quiet. He grabs my hand and leads me upstairs.Being Adrian's best friends, we know this house like the back of our hands. A lot of people don't know that he has an attic living space. It's basically an apartment in an attic.We close the attic door and walk up the steps.We sit on the couch. I take off my heels. "God, my feet were killing me.""Why'd you wear heels then?""Match my outfit. Duh.""You look beautiful by the way." he says."Thanks." I can feel my cheeks burning."Well, I'm no girl expert on clothes but don't you have an outfit that doesn't require heels?"This is going slow. I want him. He's always been shy. I'm gonna have to take it a step further."Yeah but nothing that would impress you." I say."You could wear sweatpants and still be the most beautiful girl in the room."I smile. I didn't expect this but he holds my hands. "Hailey, I'm sure you can tell by now that I really like you."I thought my cheeks burned before. Now my face is on fire."I love everything about you. How you blush like mad-""Pointing it out won't help it go away.""I don't want it to. And your laugh. How you're sweet to everyone even if they treat you bad. You always help people. How much you care about your friends. I think you're the most amazing girl in the world. I hate being friends. It kills me knowing some guy can take you away and make you his. So, let me be that guy."I nod and lean right in to kiss him.Knowing him for years, we don't waste any time. We already skipped through the awkward first date trying to learn everything about that person or trying to impress them. We might as well have been dating.After about 5 minutes of kissing, he starts to run his hand up and down my back. It's not awkward at all. It's supposed to be this way. It might be weird to say but I know we're meant for eachother. He then starts pulling on my dress. I stop. "I'm sorry. If your not ready-""No. I am.