16

Hailey's P.O.V."Hailey?"I look up. "We wanted to wait until Christmas tomorrow..." my dad begins."But we wanted to give you your gift early." my mom finishes. "I was searching through some old papers and I found a copy of your great grandmothers will. I totally forgot about this but she gave us full custody of her house. It's only about 30 minutes away from our house and your school bus runs in that area so you don't have to switch schools. Everything is paid for. Bills, mortgage. Only thing you have to pay for is food. It's completely furnished. I'm sure you'll be fine with it." she pulls out the keys from her purse. "It's yours."I'm speechless. "We were just going to sell it but after a call from Shaun's parents yesterday, we realized it can go to good use." dad finishes."We told this to your parents Shaun and they think that you should move in with her. They said it will be good to have someone like you around her at all times and not living there alone. Word got around and Adrian and Jeanette are moving in too.""I can't thank you guys enough." out of all times, this is the totally acceptable time to cry."Take it as a sorry. We pushed you and we shouldn't have." my dad says. I expect something like that from my mom not him. The place is absolutely gorgeous. From the furniture to the paint. Everything is perfect. And I'm moving in with my best friends. I couldn't ask for anything better.