15

"Where to?" Shaun asks once we're back in the car."Home."I open the front door and no one's there. The kitchen light is on and I hear clattering. Family dinner. I miss that.I slowly turn the corner and peer my head in. "HAILEY!!!!!!" Jamie screams and jumps into my arms. Dylan does the same.I missed them so much. I hugged them until they told me I was hurting them.No one said a word for mom to hug me. Dad just sat at the table ignoring everything that was happening. I sat down at the table and we picked up like nothing happened.After dinner and after everything was cleaned, Dylan and Jamie were amazed by my stomach. "There's a baby growing in there?" I nod.Dad sends them up to bed and I sit in the living room with them."Tomorrow I find out the sex of the baby. I want you guys there." I say cautiously.It takes less than a second for mom to tear up and hug me. Dad storms out the house slamming the door behind him."Why is he so mad at me?" I ask once I hear his car speed off. I try to blow it of but it kills me inside.She tells me how crazy he's been since I moved out. He's barely home. He's always out searching even though he's not on the case. When he is home, he's in the office still trying to find him. He hasn't touched my mom (yeah I was grossed out that she told me) since I snapped out my coma- like phase. He's a wreck.He's a wreck and he's leaving my mom to hold the house together."Ok. Miss Johnson, sit back and relax." Dr. Madison instructs. I'm getting ready to get my ultrasound.Mom is holding my right hand and stroking my hair. She forced my dad to come. He's sitting in a chair as far from me as possible. I want to cry right now but that will only make him angrier. I wish he'd look at me.We are just getting started when Shaun bursts through the room. He runs over to me and holds my other hand. "Are you the father?" Dr. Madison asks. She seems suspicious. I requested a woman instead of a man. I didn't want another strange guy down there.He looks me in the eyes when he replies, "Yes."Dr. Madison smiles and swirls around in her chair. She moves the thing around my stomach and detects the baby.If i'm not mistaken, my baby is kinda chubby. His/Her belly is huge! How am I going to give birth?"Dr. Madison, she's a bit big don't ya think?" I ask.She looks at me then the ultrasound. She sees what I mean. When she faces me again, she's smiling. "No dear. That's normal size. That's a head. You're having twins."My eyes go wide. Dad stands up and walks over to the screen. He can't help but smile."Twins???" I repeat in shock."Twins!" mom exclaims."Twins..." Shaun whispers to himself.Martha's P.O.V. (Hailey's mom)I pull Marvin to the corner of the room."Can you believe this? Twins!" I whisper. "We should give her her present now. It's perfect timing.""He said he was the father. Why is that? I talked to John (Shaun's dad) today and he made some interesting points. He's only a sophomore AND it's not even his kid. Why's he sticking around?" he asks looking over my shoulder. I turn around to look at my little girl.She's smiling and staring into Shaun's eyes. He's stroking her hair. He kisses the bump and then her forehead.I turn back to my husband. "Love."