Chapter 18

Andi's POV

After getting to know more than I signed up for with everyone at the Spoon, I decided to walk home some and clear my head. I don't know why sex scares me as much as it does. I feel like I have something wrong with me.

As I walked through my front door, I saw Bex and Bowie laughing as they were looking through an old photo album.

"No way! Remember this?" Bowie said, holding up a picture of them at a diner.

"You mean the best concert ever?" Bex laughed, "Of course I do! Can't believe I didn't lose my concert virginity until I was 21."

"Didn't take you that long to lose your other-" Bowie stopped after noticing me, "Oh, hey kiddo. Want to look at your mom back in her younger days?"

"Younger?" Bex raised an eye, Bowie put his hands up in defense.

I laughed and decided to look through everything. Pictures from concerts, to college, to road trips, to people passed out in random bathrooms. The whole time they were talking to me, I could not focus. Sex just kept pushing on my brain.

"How do you know if you're ready to have sex?" I covered my mouth as soon as I realized what I said. These are my parents for christ sake.

"Hey" Bowie said taking my hand off my mouth, "None of that, you know you can talk to us about anything."

"Where is this coming from?" Bex questioned.

"I'm not sure. Cyrus just talked about wanting to do that with Jonah and it seems like everyone has already or is wanting to do it. But talking about it makes me so uncomfortable and I feel like something is wrong with me for not wanting to right now. Like I just get so anxious and sick to my stomach." I answered honestly.

"There is nothing wrong with you. You do not have to engage in any sort of activity with anyone until you are ready. Trust me, you'll know when you're ready." Bex reassured, "...but do not let anyone pressure you."

I thought about what she said and it gave me some sort of comfort. I still was not a hundred percent sure what I was going to do.

I decided to go upstairs and text Buffy, it helped me clear my head.

BUFFYTheSLAYER

(Me)
Hi.

BUFFYtheSLAYER🏃🏽‍♀️🏆
What's up Andi?

(Me)
What are you doing at the moment?

BUFFYtheSLAYER🏃🏽‍♀️🏆
Currently doing some homework and studying. Kinda busy.

(Me)
Too busy to come over and have a movie night? 🥺

BUFFYtheSLAYER🏃🏽‍♀️🏆
Yep, pretty busy

(Me)
Fine.

BUFFYtheSLAYER🏃🏽‍♀️🏆
You know i'm joking, be there in 10. ✌🏼

(Me)
YAY!! ❤️

I went downstairs to let my parents know about Buffy. I had not seen her in a couple days so it should be fine. I found Bowie and Bex laying on the couch watching a movie.

"Is it okay if Buffy comes over?" I asked, grabbing a bag of popcorn to put in the microwave.

"Yeah no problem." Bex replies, her eyes glued to the screen.

Fifteen minutes passed and I heard knocking on my front door. I opened it slowly.

"You're late." I said, walking away before giving her a chance to explain.

"I know, I took a little detour." she said, closing the door and revealing a dozen of doughnuts hidden behind her back.

"Okay you're forgiven!" I squealed with excitement.

I went in for a hug, only to take the doughnuts. Buffy did not find that very amusing. After sharing some with my parents, I grabbed the popcorn and made my way upstairs.