Chapter 9

Andi's POV

Buffy sat down at one of the last rows in the dark theatre. We sat there a few minutes in silence while I watched Buffy observe the two boys that were seated ahead of us.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Buffy broke the silence.

"No idea, but we shouldn't be in their business." I responded.

"Cyrus is like my child, Andi, baby you know the type of friend I am, I'll crush Jonah if he hurts him." She pounded her fists together.

"B-baby?" I stuttered as my heart fluttered from that nickname.

"Yes? Baby, cupcake, love? It's a nickname Andi, relax." She laughed. My smile faded some because I took it literal but Buffy has been confusing me, especially these last few weeks with Jonah and Cyrus."

"SHHHHH!" the people to our right spat loudly.

"I know they aren't talking to me!! What a bit—"

"BUFFY" I whispered harshly. The curly haired girl bit her lip and slammed her back into the seat. I smiled knowing I tamed the slayer.

Buffy's POV

This horror movie SUCKED. I mean come on, I could do better special effects and better acting then this. I looked over at Andi who was focused on the screen. The short haired girl had been tapping her feet and has had her hands spread out on the arm rest for the entire movie. I really like Andi Mack, I've been flirting with her like crazy hoping to get something back but she just freezes, she's so cute when she does that, which makes it hurt worse.

"Are you okay Andi?" I asked, concerned at the anxious behavior.

"Yeah, It's just a little scary." She shrugged as she put her head down. Without saying a word, I took my hand and interlaced it with the younger girl's fingers. It was almost instant that she stopped shaking the way she does.

"I love you Andi." I whispered, comforting my friend. She slowly but surely laid her head on my shoulder, not breaking loose from my hand.

A/N: Can we just appreciate this beautiful moment? I am super proud of Disney and the creator of Andi Mack to allow a queer character, finally.