Chapter 16

Bex's POV

"Good morning kiddos" I greeted the four drowsy faces walking into the kitchen.

"morning good too" Jonah replied, rubbing his eyes. He pulled the counter seat out for Cyrus to seat next to him.

"Hey mom" Andi faintly smiled, giving me a side hug.

I placed their breakfast in front of them. I watched as they slowly began to wake up more as they ate and talked. I noticed how there was no empty space between the girls. There wasn't much space between them really ever, but this time they could practically feel each other breathing. I shot small glances at either of them as I sipped my coffee in attempt to read them. Yet both the boys and girls seemed too focused on one another to even notice.

"So how was last night? Did you enjoy the party Buffy?" I questioned.

"Most definitely" she nodded.

"Andi worked really hard to pull it off" Cyrus added, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"She did an amazing job, it was the best birthday ever" Buffy replied, leaning nose to nose to Andi and smiling. I raised my eyebrow, wondering when I'll get filled in.

The girls walked on up to Andi's room, I caught the exhausted boys before they headed up to the guest bedroom to sleep more. I questioned if they knew anything about it.

"All I know is that Buffy thought Amber and Andi were a thing." Cyrus replied.

"And Andi made Buffy meet her in the Andi shack, so whatever happened after that is completely unknown to us." Jonah commented, "but I'll let you know if I learn anything else."

"No, that's okay. If Andi wants me to know, she will tell me. It is her story to tell." I thanked them and sent them on their way. I sat down and took another sip of my coffee.

Biologically they are not mine, but they feel like my own kids. Do I have four gay kids? Does that give me a right to drink? I laughed to myself and went to watch TV.

Andi's POV

"So..." I asked laying beside Buffy in the bed.

"Yes Andi?" she sarcastically smiled back.

"Can I just like- or do I ask-Or?" I stumbled, cover my face from embarrassment.

"Do you want to kiss me?" Buffy asked, I nodded in response, "You don't have to ask, you just can."

I took my hands off my face and stared at the ceiling. I wanted to so bad, but I could not get my body to lean over and kiss her. I felt like this was such a big way to show her that I liked her so I wanted to do it as much as possible.

I finally turned toward the curly haired girl, already looking at me. But as usual, she had to instigate the first move.

Buffy leaned toward me, connecting our lips. She started out with a small pace, gradually getting faster as I caught on more with the rhythm. I got so focused on her lips and the kiss, I found myself having to pull away after a few seconds, to breathe.

"Woah, you literally took my breath away that time." I laughed, trying to catch my breath.

"It's a gift." she smiled back.

I wasted on time connecting our lips again, letting her hands trace my body.