Chapter 14

Andi's POV

I kept glancing down at my phone, clicking it on and off, examining the time. 

It was 7:23, Amber said 7. I was halfway through my milkshake, I don't have time for this. Just before I was about to leave, I see the blonde make her way to my booth.

"You know, when you say for someone to meet you at a specific time, you should really be here on that time." I spoke as she sat down. 

"I know Andi, I had no intentions on being late. I was watching my younger brother and had to wait for my parents to get home before I could leave him." She spoke tensely.

"Okay, well can we cut to the point of this meeting? What happened to you hating the Good Hair Crew ever since the Jonah incident?" I got straight to the point, every minute counted because tonight is Buffy's night.

"I don't hate you Andi and I don't hate them either. What I did wasn't right. And I hate to admit this, but I have been drawing a lot of attention to myself. I try to distract myself from things." she lowered her head.

"What things Amber? You literally have the perfect life we all dream about. You can buy anything you want, you can do anything you want, you can have any boy you want-"

"What if I don't want any boys Andi?!" I was abruptly stopped by Amber's voice raising slightly.

"I don't understand." I was confused at this point.

I watched Amber sit in silence for a few minutes, playing with her fingers and the tapping her foot repeatedly against the hardwood flooring. I put my hand across the table, holding hers in mine and gave her a sincere look.

"Talk to me, you can trust me." I assured her.

"I don't want any boys Andi, I want to be with girls." A tear ran down her face.

"So you're gay?" I asked, she nodded slightly to confirm, "Then why have you been dating all of the popular guys for years?"

"Because I've tried to suppress those feelings, I've tried to just change that about myself but no matter what I do or how hard I try it is still there." she replied, more tears falling. 

I watched as the crystal clear tears began to gain color as her makeup started to run down her face, it was miserable seeing her this way. No one deserved this, to be ashamed of who they are or to be too scared to just accept it. 

"And seeing the way Cyrus looks at Jonah, the way they look at each other. I want that. To not have a care in the world and to just be me." she looked down, noticing that our hands were still intertwined.

"Amber, you can be who you want to be and you can love who you want to love. Everyone at our school just wants people happy, you see how they are thrilled to see Jyrus a float." I smiled.

"Jyrus?" she laughed softly.

"Cyrus is pretty good with ship names." I laughed back, "I promise you, I am going to help you with this. Don't be afraid to just live your life, everyone in this town will support you too. Buffy's surprise party is going to start soon and I know there will be a lot of cute girls there, let's give it a try?"

"Thank you Andi, you don't understand how much this means to me." we stood up and hugged before we left the restaurant.

"Operation: Get Amber a Girlfriend is on!" We both laughed as we made our way to my house.

Buffy's POV

Today has been such a boring last day of 13. I'm still pondering on why Andi wanted to get rid of me so bad. I've been texting her all day asking if I can come back but it is always the same response. I'm not allowed to be there til 11pm because she's "busy". 

My Andi literally goes to sleep at 8pm some nights, what could this "party animal" be so busy at?

I stared as the sidewalk as I walked, trying to avoid the cracks. This town doesn't have much to do so I don't know how in the world I'd keep myself occupied. I decided a trip to the spoon would kill some time.

I walked by the huge window out front, glancing over the familiar logo I had seen a thousand times. Wait, is that Andi?

I was confused. She claimed to be so busy but she's here, and it doesn't look like she's alone.

Frustration began to fill my body as I realized who she was sitting with, Amber. I watched a little longer trying to understand what she's doing here, then it happens. I see Andi reach her arm across the table to hold Amber's hand.... the realization suddenly hit me. 

This is why Andi was too busy for me, this is why she wanted to get rid of me so quickly, it was because of her. Out of everyone in this world, why Amber? I don't understand. I watched the two girls laugh and smile, my heart breaking each time Andi flashed a smile that wasn't because of me.

I couldn't take it anymore, I turned around and began to walk home. I never would've seen this coming.

That's exactly what you get Buffy Driscoll for falling for your best friend.