Side effects- Lava

Part two of Needles

Kai groans as he kneels in front of the toilet. The injection he had earlier had taken a toll on him. The sickness had kicked in as soon as they arrived back at the Bounty. Kai gags before vomiting in the toilet.

"Kai? Are you in there?"

"C-Cole? Are you okay baby?"

"Are you okay?" Cole asks.

"...can you come in?"

Cole opens the door and sprints to Kai's side.

"What happened?" Cole rubs his back.

"I-I think it's from the injection," Kai murmurs.

"Do you still feel sick?"

"A-a little bit," Kai sinks into Cole's arms.

"I'll help you to bed," Cole stands up, hissing as his legs ache.

"Cole, are you okay?" Kai stands up, flushing the chain and washing his hands.

"My legs hurt," Cole murmurs.

"That's strange. Does anything else hurt?"

"My arm," Cole gestures to his left arm, which was the arm he got the injection in.

"Can I..." Kai moves closer to Cole and pulls on the short sleeve.

Cole nods. Kai pulls the sleeve up. Cole hisses. Kai gasps. Part of Cole's arm is bright red and it appears to be swelling.

"We should go and talk to Zane," Kai says, keeping Cole's sleeve rolled up. "Would you like me to carry you?"

Cole blushes and nods shyly, biting his lip. Kai smiles softly before picking Cole up. Cole hisses in pain and wraps his arms around Kai's neck.

"It's okay baby, I've got you."

Cole rests his head on Kai's chest. The Bounty is relatively quiet. Lloyd went to visit Misako with Wu. Jay took Nya to his room as she also seemed to be getting some side effects.

"Zane? Are you in here?" Kai pokes his head around the kitchen door.

"What can I do for you Kai?"

"Cole's legs hurt, and his left arm is red and swollen," Kai sits Cole on the edge of the table.

Cole grabs Kai's hand. Cole coughs and shivers slightly. Zane scans him.

"It's the side effects of the injection. He'll also be feeling tired and will have some muscle and joint pains."

"Thank you Zane."

Kai picks Cole up and takes him back upstairs. Cole shivers in Kai's arms.

"I've got you baby," Kai radiates a gentle heat. Cole snuggles into him. "Are you tired?"

"Y-yeah," Cole yawns.

Kai walks into their room and lays Cole down on the bed. Kai pulls off his shirt, making Cole blush heavily.

"Like what you see baby?"

Cole nods and then hisses in pain. Kai climbs into bed next to Cole. Cole hesitates before cuddling into Kai's side.

"Cole? Why'd you hesitate?"

"Is it okay if I...?"

Kai nods. Cole slowly sits up, before gently laying on top of Kai. Kai smiles and wraps his arms around Cole.

"I love you baby," Kai kisses Cole.

"I love you too," Cole kisses back.

Cole snuggles into Kai's chest and slowly drifts off as Kai hums under his breath.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. I've recently become obsessed with lava so expect a lot of lava oneshots coming out. Hope you're staying safe and well.