I love you...both of you - Icebreaker (?)

Requested by UpchuckingYamasuro

🖤🤍❤️

Cole looks at the picture in his hands, running his finger along the frame, sighing. Cole is stood between Kai and Zane, an arm around each of their shoulders, all wearing bright smiles. A soft blush dusts across Cole's cheeks as a small smile comes across his face as he allows his mind to drift back to the two.

When he met the pair a couple of years back, something was pulling at Cole's heart. Pulling his heart towards them.

At first, he thought Zane was...strange. They all thought that. Once Cole got to know him, the pair grew close. He began to understand Zane's humour and liked his pink apron (and pink gi). Cole had been close to confessing his feelings for Zane until Zane met Pixal. From Cole's perspective, it seemed like he'd taken a liking to her so Cole felt himself stepping back.

Cole grew close to Kai almost instantly. Once they rescued Nya from Garmadon, Kai was more willing to talk to them. The pair had spent endless hours playing video games in the night. Cole had first figured his feelings for Kai a few days before Zane met Pixal. It was hard for Cole when Kai first met Skylor as he thought that Kai and Skylor liked each other. He was overjoyed when Kai said they weren't together.

Cole stands in front of the living room, his hands shaking slightly as he holds a bunch of white and red roses. He'd messaged both Kai and Zane to meet him in the living room, wanting to talk to them both about something.

Taking a shaky breath, Cole pushes the living room door open, hiding the flowers behind his back. Kai and Zane turn their heads as the door opens, blinking as Cole walks in and stands in front of them.

"What is it, Cole?" Zane asks, sitting up properly.

"And what are you hiding?" Kai leans back, his eyebrow raising.

Cole takes a silent shaky breath. The small speech he'd spent a couple of hours working on vanishes. Cole's eyes blink open, the teen being unaware that he'd even closed them. He glances between them as his heart flutters, sending tingles through his body.

"I-I love you," Cole murmurs, keeping his eyes on the floor.

Zane and Kai share a glance, confusion evident in both their eyes, neither of them having heard Cole.

"What was that Cole?" Zane asks gently, sensing Cole's nervousness.

"I-I love you...b-both of you."

Cole looks up, fiddling with the flowers behind his back. He looks away the second he sees the shock in both their eyes. When neither of the teens make a move, Cole places the flowers on the coffee table.

"I-I'm sorry."

Cole turns on his heel and walks out, unaware of his eyes filling with tears. Opening the door, Cole slips out of the living room.

Kai's the first one to react, jumping to his feet and running after the black ninja.

"Cole. Hey Cole, wait!"

The black ninja stops at the fire ninja's call but doesn't turn around. Running up to him, Kai skids to a stop in front of him.

"I know you're mad and upset with us but...I love you too. Zane does too."

"Y-You do?" Cole stutters, wiping at his eyes.

Kai nods before stepping forward, grabbing the collar of Cole's shirt and pulling him down, connecting their lips.

They like me back! They actually like me back.

Cole responds, kissing the fire ninja back and wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Cole, your flowers are beau-oh."

The pair pull apart, a bright blush across both their cheeks. Zane walks over and plants a kiss on Cole's cheek, making the earth ninja blush even more.

"Thank you."

🖤🤍❤️

Kai snuggles into Cole's chest, allowing the taller to wrap his arms around his waist and pull him closer. He reaches out and grabs Zane's hands, squeezing gently as he knows Zane adores it when they hold his hands. Zane blushes softly and rests his head on Cole's shoulder, smiling when Cole plants a kiss in his hair.

"I love you both," Cole murmurs into Zane's hair.

"I love you too."

Kai turns on Cole's lap and brings his feet up, snuggling as close as he physically can and yawning quietly.

"It is late, we should go to bed."

Kai nods tiredly and tightens his grip on Zane's hands. Zane smiles and rubs circles on his knuckles.

"C'mon koala. Bedtime."

Cole stands up and picks Kai up in his arms, smiling when the smaller snuggles close and clings to his t-shirt, his eyes fluttering closed.

"Sleep well, Kai."

Sorry, this took so long. My motivation has sucked recently and I'm also trying to limit screen time but that hasn't been happening 😂. Hope you enjoyed it.

And yes I know I suck at love confessions.