They're gone? -Kai and Nya

Requested by chxcolatexmxlk

Ray and Maya are working in the shop when two strangers enter.

"How can I help you?" Ray asks, hanging a sword on the wall.

The older man smirks and pulls out two of the Time Blades. Ray gently pushes Maya behind him.

"You will work for us," the other man says.

"And what if we say no?" Maya says.

The second man pulls out the other two Time Blades. "We kill the kids."

The couples eyes widen. They look at each other and exchange a small nod. They're thinking the same thing we need to keep them safe.

The men grab Ray and Maya before leaving the shop, unnoticed.

"B-bubba?" Three year old Nya asks.

"Sis?" Five year old Kai replies turning towards his sister.

Nya is stood in the doorway of Kai's bedroom, holding a small teddy in one hand and her favourite blanket in the other.

"Where mamma?" Nya asks.

"Garden," Kai stands up and pulls Nya outside into the garden.

"Mamma?" Nya calls uncertainly. "Daddy?"

Nya's small eyes fill with tears as she screams for her parents. Kai hugs her tightly.

"M-mamma!" Nya sobs.

"I got you sis," Kai rubs her back and tries to stay strong in front of Nya.

"MAMMA! DADDY!"

Kai sits down on the grass and pulls Nya to him. Nya sobs heavily into Kai's shirt.

Nya pulls herself out of Kai's arms and runs around the garden, yelling for her parents. All Nya wants is to be in their arms.

Ten minutes later, Kai finds Nya curled up behind some bushes, sobbing loudly.

"Nya?"

Nya jumps violently and cries into her hands. Kai walks towards her and sits down next to her. He places a hand on her back.

"Not here," Nya murmurs quietly.

"They're gone?" Kai asks.

Nya nods shakily and climbs on Kai's lap. Kai's eyes fill with tears as he buries his head into Nya's hair.

"K-Kai?" Nya shivers.

A couple of tears roll down Kai's cheeks. "I-I got you sis. I'll look after you, forever."

"P-promise?"

"I promise. I love you sis."

"Love you," Nya murmurs back. 

I'm sorry it's so short. I hope you enjoyed it.