"I advise you to be seated, warrior. The patient wants to see the Royal Gaurd first and, when she's done, I'll be sure to let you in right after," Dr Salvador faced me and nudged his head to the direction of the room, "shall we proceed?"

I stood up and dusted my pants, facing the doctor, "We shall,"

Just as I was about to enter the room, Hamza grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me so I was facing him, "Anything she tells you about the attack you will bring back to me, understood?"

I snatched my wrist form his grasp, eyes sneering into his, "You don't order me, Beta,"

"Please, Leila," His expression of anger formed into one of desperation, "I want to murder that man with my bare hands,"

In all my two weeks in the castle, Hamza had never called me by my name until them. Usually, he referred to me as the 'crooked nosed knave' or 'guard' so I was, ironically, caught of guard. I lowered my eyes and swallowed down a bundle of nerves, rubbing my wrist, "Only if she allows it," I mumbled.

"Thank you, guard," Hamza straightened his posture and took a step back, "apologies if I was rude,"

"Apology not accepted, but I'll consider it," I said, turning around so the ends of my hair slapped his face.

He was going through something, I got that, but he had no right to grab me like that; especially in front of my male.

The room Lara was in was cold and sticky; a prison compared to the one I was in. Maybe because she was laying in an operating room rather than a resting room, but I didn't like it nonetheless. The atmosphere it held was heavy and blue and those colours didn't match Lara. Lara was a fire wielding dragon both on the inside and the outside.

My eyes caught hers and immediately, they filled with tears. She looked dead; pale as snow with skin so translucent her veins looked drawn on her.

"Leila,"

"Lara,"

We spoke over each other's.

The minute she called for me I rushed to her side, hands sliding into hers.

"What happened?" I breathed out, shocked.

"Your maid, Leila," She croaked, sitting straight, "your maid is the problem. She's the source of all our worries,"

My brows furrowed.

"H-How?"

"She's been getting into your brain, Leila. Like this," Lara placed her palm on my forehead, almost like she was checking for a fever, and dropped it "she's been transmitting energy from the outskirts and injecting it into your soul. That's why you're getting nightmares. That's why your emotions have been more volatile,"

My eyes widened and instinctively, my hand dropping hers, "How do you know this?"

"She wanted to kill me because I accused her of messing with you. She said no matter what I did, it was too late," A tear fell out of Lara's eyes as she looked down, "I saw her switching out the soil of the plants in your room with purple soil. I don't know what it was, but it felt wrong, so I- I went up to her and accused her of acting irrational and the next thing I know, I'm tied up in the basement of the castle,"

Immediately, my brain recalled my first official day at the castle when Luca took me to the rotting fields.

This whole time, it was Dalal.

How, I didn't know, but if Lara said so then I believed her.

"Come with us to the north, Lara. You're not safe here," I begged, tucking a strand of hair behind her sweaty ear, "I don't want to lose you to some witch,"