In all these years not one word from him. One day he just said he couldn't see me anymore. I am not even sure what happened. The only thing I do know is he turned his back to me.

I am in the meeting hall finishing setting up decorations for tonight's occasion. Tala walks in and I become tense.

"Chief, you needed to see me?" Tala asks.

"Tala, yes. Thank you for coming." Chief Axe says.

Tala nods his head to me and I am completely confused. Confused at the look in his eyes and the betrayal of my feelings.

"I need someone to escort Aiyana to the Tsuna Tribe and be her guardian until after the wedding." Chief Axe says.

No, gods of the moon and sun, no.

"You are the top warrior and tracker here. I would feel most relief if you were to escort her until she is officially a part of their tribe," Chief Axe says.

My mouth drops open, he can't think... this... no

"No," I state boldly.

They whip their heads in my direction so fast I almost faltered.

"You need someone there to look out for you until you are established as a wife. Until then you are still this tribe's responsibility. I trust Tala to watch over you. You have known each other since childhood." Chief Axe pushes.

Still feeling the boldness. "No! You can not be serious!"

"Chief, I don't know if this is a good idea," Tala calmly says.

"It's not!" I scream. Tala stares down at me narrowing his eyes. I am not playing this game. "No! I don't trust him!"

"Has he done something?" Chief Axe says. I watch Tala's lips pinch close and I can't help the words that come.

"You know what he did! He turned his back to me! And you trust him?!"

"You were kids, that is in the past," Chief Axe sternly says.

"Chief..." Tala tries.

"I HAVE SPOKEN!" Chief Axe screams.

I jump back as my father has never raised his voice to anyone, neither have I until this moment. Why is he pushing this when there are other warriors? "Can't we have Kota or Kohana?" I try.

"DECISION IS FINAL!" He states.

"Yes sir, it would be an honor," Tala says.

"Aiyana?" Chief Axe says.

No this is absolutely painful. I throw down what I am working on and walk out of the meeting hall. I run to the border and head to the open field and sit. I can't even believe what is happening.

"Aiyana," Tala says.

Every muscle in my body tenses at hearing his voice. All these years and not one word and now he comes around to talk.

"I don't like this situation either," Tala tries.

"Well at least you get to come home where you are wanted," I say.

"Aiyana," He tries again.

"Stop!" I say.

"Listen,  I..." Tala pushes.

"I SAID ENOUGH!" I scream. I jump up and walk away but I can still feel his presence coming behind me. Does he not get the hint?

"Let me talk!" He says.

"You want to talk, after all these years?! Now?!" I boldly say. "Not interested. You've had years to tell me why you turned your back on me. What did I do to deserve that?"

"I had to! My parents told me that I had to keep my distance since you were promised to someone else. We all needed your focus to be on that and not distract you." Tala admits.

I can't believe what I just heard. He knew of the prophecy before me and didn't tell me. No warning, no support, nothing.

"So you knew and you kept your distance knowing I didn't have anyone else!" I say.

"Aiyana, please let's not make this any more difficult," He pleads.

Difficult?

"I won't make your job any more difficult," I say defeated.

I feel my shoulders fall and I can no longer look at him and I will refuse to talk to him. I just walk away back to my house. Tala behind me every step of the way. When I get home my mother greets me and we head to get me ready for my new future. She has me sit in front of a mirror and is doing my hair and makeup.

"Aiyana, this is a good day," Rozene says trying to be happy.

"Yes mother, it is a good day," I respond. I sound like a robot, I feel like a robot.

"What is the matter," My mother says.

"Nothing mother, everything is wonderful," I say.

I can't even look at her, I just sit in silence while we finish.

Evening approaches we can hear the chants and drums strum in perfect harmony welcoming our guests. I take my spot next to my father and my mother is on his other side. The top warriors are situated behind us and Tala is next to me.

"You look nice tonight," Tala whispers in my ear.

I just drop my head and internally swallow my tears and cries. Again.

"Welcome!" Chief Axe says.

-Tala-

Telling her I wasn't allowed to see her was more painful than I thought. I could see my words dig into her like knives. Like the knives that dig into me every day that I can't be with her.

Watching her slowly walking away, I believe she will not make this difficult for me, little does she know this is all torture for me.

She is beautifully dressed in ritual attire with her hair and makeup done. She is the most beautiful woman. Her eyes are bright and bring the darkest of nights a path of light. She won't look at me. I try to give her a compliment and she won't even look at me.

I would give anything to take her away from all of this. Yet I will be the one to bring her to a new life then I will leave her.

Chief welcomes the members and I have to sit back and watch everything. Continued Torture. The future Chief walks up to us and they embrace each other in a welcoming hug.

"Chief, thank you for the kind welcome," Herrick says.

"Herrick, you have grown tremendously! I hope life has treated you well," Chief Axe says.

"All is well," Herrick says. "This is Askock and Cusa, my top warriors."

"Welcome! Herrick let me introduce my daughter. Aiyana." Chief Axe says. He nudges her forward and though she hesitates she takes a step forward.

"Incredible. I have heard stories of the sky blue eyes but never saw such beauty." Herrick says.

Aiyana drops her head and her eyes. I feel every part of me burning from restraint.

"Follow me to our meeting hall. We have prepared a feast that should impress you," Chief Axe pushes.

Herrick and his minions walk behind the Chief and Rozene.

I am walking next to Aiyana and I lean down to make sure she is ok. "Are you ok?" I ask.

Nothing, no response.

"Aiyana" I will try again.

I try to reach for her arm but she pulls away too quickly. She hurries herself to her father's side and I make my way to the back of the room, a better place for me to see her from.

Maybe I should change tribes to stay close to her.

This mental fight is tipping the scale of sanity and the wolf coming to the surface.