Chapter 25

I love Matt
I love Matt
I love Matt

I wrote this several times down in a little notepad I had next to my bed. I wrote it like I had to, like I was forcing myself. I wrote this, but I wasn't sure if it was true.

I wanted it to be true, I wanted to love him just like I did when I first met him. But, you need to be able to trust and have hope in the person you love, and, I didn't have any of these in him..

For a while, I tried to convince myself that things would change, and he would learn to care. Just like all the other stories of bad boys or players. But I figured as time goes on, these habits don't just die down, they have a hold of you for the rest of your life.

When I was a little girl, I used to read fairytales. In fairytales you'd grow up and meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever dreamed he'd be. In fairytales, the bad guy is easy to spot. He stands out and makes himself known for his looks and appearances. But as I got older, I realised Prince Charming wasn't as easy to spot as I thought. I realised that the bad guy doesn't make himself very known, and he doesn't stand out. In fact, he disguises himself as something amazing and perfect and funny and after a long time of figuring it out, I finally realised that my Prince Charming turned out to be my best mistake. He played with me like children play with Barbie dolls, except I wasn't plastic. And maybe that's what he didn't like about me.

It's been exactly eight years. I don't think about him much anymore. I come across this page sometimes, but I feel nothing except a slight discomfort. - To those that think you'll never get over someone, believe me, you eventually do. Time replaces so many memories. Even those you thought you'd never be able to forget. These have been the greatest years of my life, without him. I've never felt so free. His leaving made me the strongest person I could ever be. And I am thankful, for everything.

And to you, reading this, whoever you may be. I apologise if you thought this was going to be just another sappy story, a new beginning with a bright and shiny finalé, one with a happy ending, almost too good to be true. There's just one thing I want you to know, some stories don't end with a happily ever after.

So live your life, have no regrets. Don't let any guy get in the way of that. But always remember, there's nothing more beautiful than being desperate, and nothing more risky than pretending not to care. Do you, and don't worry about what anyone else has to say.

Go to a coffee shop. Sit by the bar with the glass windows and look outside. Look at all the people running to catch a train and all the girls with one too many shopping bags. All the kids running and racing, having too much fun to care. And then you'll see it - a bit of yourself in everyone. You'll realise that love can wait. And while you're young, you need not fall in love with someone, but fall in love with yourself. Fall in love with the world and nature and everything you see from that time in the morning when you open your eyes to when you close them. And somehow, sitting alone in a coffee shop will have never felt so good.

Thanks for listening to my story, maybe you'll have a chance to write one just like mine, maybe you'll have the chance to experience it.

Also, you may not think it, but the right guy for you may be a lot closer than you think. Take it from me. Who knows? Maybe he's just around the corner.

Peace love & serenity,

Taylor Dallas